Panasonic Cq-Vd6503U

Fors

My truck came with this already installed, its a nice cd/dvd player but there are a few problems Im now running into as Im installing my new system. A) theres no auxilary port on this thing and was wondering what the round and square plug in the back are for; maybe an adapter? B) I just hooked my amp and 2 12s up to test them since they came in rough shape in the mail and as I turned the volume up I think this things equilzer had too much bass going to my door speakers and blew them. It sounds fine up to a point but then you go up one more volume and its distrorted sounding. I went through and turned all the bass options down for front and read speakers on it but it still feels like it has bass coming from them....they are all memphis M class speakers in the doors and my old cd player never had bass goign to them so they got super loud but this thing put bass in them and I think I ruined them :[

My truck came with this already installed, its a nice cd/dvd player but there are a few problems Im now running into as Im installing my new system. A) theres no auxilary port on this thing and was wondering what the round and square plug in the back are for; maybe an adapter? B) I just hooked my amp and 2 12s up to test them since they came in rough shape in the mail and as I turned the volume up I think this things equilzer had too much bass going to my door speakers and blew them. It sounds fine up to a point but then you go up one more volume and its distrorted sounding. I went through and turned all the bass options down for front and read speakers on it but it still feels like it has bass coming from them....they are all memphis M class speakers in the doors and my old cd player never had bass goign to them so they got super loud but this thing put bass in them and I think I ruined them :[

Those plugs on the back are for panasonic adapters like bluetooth, ipod, etc. But since panasonic stopped making car audio a couple years ago, you'll never get parts for it.

Doesn't that deck have a hp filter?

Take the speakers out and check for overheated voice coils or broken surround.

I don't know what a hp filter is. If I can't hook my phone or ipod up to it then its pretty useless to me...ill check the speakers tonight but its the bass that gets distorted nothing else. I checked the manual and turned all the bass for them down but it still does it.

I dont know whats wrong with these things. I unplugged the RCAs from my amp and I could tunr the sound up all the way with no problems but as soon as I have my subs hooked up they all my door speakers distort....

How many amps? is just the subs amped? Are the other speakers factory bose?

Theres 6 speakers. 2 in the door/winsheild support, 2 memphis m class in the front and back doors. I dont know what the first 2 are. I have only the sub amp hooked up right now. I have,a 4 channel amp for them just not in yet. Ever since ive had the truck theres always been tthis obnoxious hiss noise coming from them all but my local stereo guy said it was the stock amp.

Ahh....found that high pass filter setting, it couldnt be cut on if I had the settings turned to auto. So now I can adjust the high and low pass filters and al lthe other settings which I know nothing about...too bad I think its too late for my speakers though :[ Also now that I have it off auto I have almost no bass coming from my subs, Ive messed witrh every setting on the screen that controls all the frequency settings and none of them do anything for it. Thinking Im bout to put my pioneer HU in this thing...

Edited by Fors (see edit history)

Ahh....found that high pass filter setting, it couldnt be cut on if I had the settings turned to auto. So now I can adjust the high and low pass filters and al lthe other settings which I know nothing about...too bad I think its too late for my speakers though :[ Also now that I have it off auto I have almost no bass coming from my subs, Ive messed witrh every setting on the screen that controls all the frequency settings and none of them do anything for it. Thinking Im bout to put my pioneer HU in this thing...

Sounds like maybe the rca's are hooked up wrong behind the deck and the subs are running off of the front or rear rca's. You should pull out the deck and check everything.