2004 Lq9 + L92 Heads +L76 Intake + Cam Build Up

BlueAKSSS

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of them look nice I can just imagine how they would look if the letters were in that copper color like ur truck would look killer,keep up the good work Matt I can already see copperhead doing its first burnouts w/the 6.0

Ya I can imagine that too that would look awesome, well it is going to look awesome because I just bought the GM Performance Parts LSX Valve Covers in the polished finish. Now I'm going to need to relocate the coils.... I may relocate them into the frame rails and run plug wires up to the spark plugs I think that will look really cool.

The new Circle-D Stall converter came in the mail yesterday so I installed it into the trans and started putting the new 6.0L in!

DSC_0424Small.jpg

DSC_0425Small.jpg

DSC_0428Small.jpg

DSC_0436Small.jpg

DSC_0440Small.jpg

Engine is all bolted up the the transmission bellhousing and I got the converter bolted up to the flex plate! Then I started on the motor mounts and got one side in but somehow the other side stripped out even though it was a new mount when I put in the 5.3L??? So I had to go buy a new motor mount. I'm going to lift the motor up and slip in the new one today and hopefully get some more stuff hooked up!

FIRST TEST START!!! biggrinjester.gifdbanana.gif

Everything sounded good, I need, new plugs and wires. The problem is I need one of those special custom make your own plug wire kit that will work with LS engines. So I can mount the coils down in the frame rails hidden away and run the wires back up to the plugs. Anyways here's some pics of it after I had just started putting the intake back on. I also got many harness modifications done and cleaned up a lot more wiring.

DSC_0445Small.jpg

DSC_0443Small.jpg

DSC_0442Small.jpg

I've got a video of the first start up I'll post that later.

badass get us another video once it goes out for its first runs/burnouts lol looks nice as hell keep up the good work Matt

Thanks! Problem is that won't be till next May!!! I could do a snow burnout though..... biggrinjester.gif

I built my own custom throttle bracket out of some nice steel and painted it to match. The LS3 intake didn't have anyway to mount one so it's mounted to the top (5th) bolt of the throttle body that is not used. Works great!

DSC_0447Small.jpg

DSC_0446Small.jpg

Hey Matt I was going to ask you was it hard to convert you ev1 injector pigtails to ev6's or was it a simple cut and paste type of deal trying to get everything ready for my 6.0 also

It was super easy, as long as you can solder and use shrink wrap just match up the wires. I got my connectors off ebay just search ev6 pigtail. But in the meantime, it's running for the second time!

- - - - - - - - UPDATE!!!! - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Lots of new parts!!! Got the GMPP Valve Covers!!, Harmonic Balencer, New HB Bolt, 96-99 Vortec Plug Wires, New ACdelco Irridum Plugs at .040, 2 Gallons of Antifreeze and some ATF.

-Relocated the coils to the frame rails on either side of the engine, back. Ran the 96-99 Vortec truck wires that I got from the cheap parts store for 29.99. Somehow they work fine with the LS1 coils, I'll buy the MSD Universal wire kit (32079) later. It was a trick using the 90 degree plug boots with the headers, but with carefull routing and zip ties it worked out.

-Installed the new GM Peformance Parts LSX Valve Covers, they even came with new chrome bolts and chome oil fill cap which was super nice. They really set off the engine!!!

-Installed the new Crank Pulley/Harmonic Balencer and new bolt.

-Reinstalled radiator and antifreeze.

-Installed new Polished Stainless Steel Radiator cover, looks really good I never had anything to cover the radiator before and it looked really bad.

> Finally I got to test start it again and let it run for a bit although it was a bit late...so I only ran it for a couple minutes but everything sounded great and the sqeel and clicking was non existent... I'll get a video up when I start it up again tomorrow.

DSC_0449Medium.jpg

DSC_0451Medium.jpg

DSC_0452Medium.jpg

DSC_0453Medium.jpg

DSC_0454Medium.jpg

DSC_0455Medium.jpg

DSC_0456Medium.jpg

DSC_0457Medium.jpg

DSC_0458Medium.jpg

Things I need to do is buy a proper cold air intake pipe of some kind and get a new upper radiator hose so I can run the intake over to the drivers side, maybe use some type of aftermarket air box or open filter.