Is Premium Gas A Must?

nate-dawg

Maybe for you U.S. people it saves you money. I keep track of mpg of every tank. I see .2-.3L/100km difference on 87 vs 91. It does not pay to run premium in Canada, unless like RICE EATER said, he has a blower and it was necessary for him. I have HP tuners and have logged it and I have no knock retard with my 87, it was even tuned by zippy. Driving 110km/hr for 8 hours a weekend doesn't need premium for me. Sure if I was going to drag it I would run 91, but for a DD nope. Made 65,000kms the past 2 years on 87. Pulling farm equipment, hauling my car around, and its been fine. Maybe our 87 is much better in the north than the 87 south of the border?

I wont even touch 91, 93+ only here. Keep putting 87 in it and see what happens, your bill to fix your engine will alot more than adding 91+ octane every service fill up.

The manual says 91+ for a reason, and as far as I know Chevy is not invested in gasoline companies.

when i got mine last year i ran 87 and it ran like crap(only 3 weeks) . i wasnt aware of it and the dealer didnt tell me nor gas cap didnt say anything about needing 91. as soon as i changed octane it ran so much smoother than 87. 13 bucks isnt that much more a tank. if i cared about the gas money i wouldnt of bought a performance truck i would of bought a civic. but my truck beat civics, and a tow and haul bikes in the bed. so i really dont care for the gas prices. if you love your truck you will put premium in it. pepsicheer.gif

Edited by chevy vmax (see edit history)

when i got mine last year i ran 87 and it ran like crap(only 3 weeks) . i wasnt aware of it and the dealer didnt tell me nor gas cap didnt say anything about needing 91. as soon as i changed octane it ran so much smoother than 87. 13 bucks isnt that much more a tank. if i cared about the gas money i wouldnt of bought a performance truck i would of bought a civic. but my truck beat civics, and a tow and haul bikes in the bed. so i really dont care for the gas prices. if you love your truck you will put premium in it. pepsicheer.gif

THIS

I wont even touch 91, 93+ only here. Keep putting 87 in it and see what happens, your bill to fix your engine will alot more than adding 91+ octane every service fill up.

The manual says 91+ for a reason, and as far as I know Chevy is not invested in gasoline companies.

Same here. If I pull in to a gas station and dont see 93, I just drive away.......