I Think Its Time To Lower My Truck More Then It Is..?!?

RICE EATER

well like the title says..im thinking its time to drop my truck alil more.. my cuz just bought SStrabue03 truck..and having them parked together today really made my look like it was sittin way to high in the ass..since his is pretty slamed on 24s

so since i bought mine already lowered im not 100% sure what the drop is..i looked under the rear and its got shackels but DOESNT have hangers..which i though was a NO NO....so my question is..what do i need im assuming i can just find some hangers and that sould drop the rear of the truck plenty..im just worried the rear will be lower then the front..will i be able to lower the torson bars to make it even then??

fyi i forgot..ive got 22s with a 305 tire.. i know most guys run a 285

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can have shackles wtihout hangers, you just can't have hangers without shackles cause it will throw off your pinoin angle. that will finish the back end of your truck up then for the front you can just turn the torsion bars but if you need more you caould always get torsion keys that way you will have plenty of adjustment room. If you need any help putting on the kit just shoot me a pm since i am just down the road and i just did this a couple of weeks back.

on a side not does your cousin live around here??

justin

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

you can have shackles wtihout hangers, you just can't have hangers without shackles cause it will throw off your pinoin angle. that will finish the back end of your truck up then for the front you can just turn the torsion bars but if you need more you caould always get torsion keys that way you will have plenty of adjustment room. If you need any help putting on the kit just shoot me a pm since i am just down the road and i just did this a couple of weeks back.

on a side not does your cousin live around here??

justin

ahhhh ok..that makes sence now!..so i need to find me some hangers..i think there like what $150ish on stylin truck... how much are torsion keys?

ya my cousin..actully lives next to me..i own a duplex and he rents the other side.. SSs are takin overr michigan..mauhh hh hh..lol il buy the beer and pizza??..ive got a LARGE shop with everything but a hoist :( but if u have anything else u wanna do to yours..hell we can put all three trucks inside ..since its big anuf to put a couple semi in being a trucking grarage..lol

well first off +1 for him being from MI and secondly i am so jealous that you have a garage cause i don't and i hate leaveing my truck out in the elements!!! I am always down for turning wrenches. The keys cost right around 120 i believe. might hit you up on the offer for the garage space though i might be havin to pull my front diff here soon to get it rebulit but i will know for sure this weekend if that is where my howl/whine is coming from. Your cousin got any updated pictures of the truck?? Is he a member yet?? By the way I always loved the interior on that truck!!

haha ya you would really kill me with all the garage space...ive got a small 2 car garage...and then a 30 by 40 poll barn.. and then the truck shop garage..lol .. diffently glad to bring another ss in to michigan..i dont think hes a member yet..but i know hes been floatin/surfin around for awhile..we took some pics today..and as soon as i get them off the camera il make sure to post them..probly as soon as i get the pics he will sign up..i think hes just waitin to have pics to sign up..the interior is pretty wild for sure..i like it tho. other then the shag headliner..but im thinkin hes gonna do that in suede soon..probly the same time i do the suede inserts.

let me know what u need on the front diff..if got a guy here in mason that might be able to get the parts cheaper..hes also my motor builder..his rates are pretty good to if its something u wanna have him set and shim it up.

did u have to put keys in your truck when u lowered it?..where did u get your stuff?

back to the lowering part tho..im alil worried because i already rub a lil in the front..just on the plastic inner..so with the 305 tire its either gonna look realllly good..or its gonna rub and piss me off..haha or its gonna look like a mexican bobsled..

lol with the ass on the ground and the nose in the air

come to think about it..it kinda looks like that anyways when my foots on the floor and the blower screamin.haha

back to the lowering part tho..im alil worried because i already rub a lil in the front..just on the plastic inner..so with the 305 tire its either gonna look realllly good..or its gonna rub and piss me off..haha or its gonna look like a mexican bobsled..

lol with the ass on the ground and the nose in the air

come to think about it..it kinda looks like that anyways when my foots on the floor and the blower screamin.haha

Pm norcal ss he'll give ya the best prices for belltech or.djm

I got my 3-4 drop from him...

Post pics when ya get it done... :cheers:

glad the MI guys find each other. I am always read to help a MI guy. I dont have a set-up like rice eaters but I am all game for wrenching and beers whenever...

I just picked up some miller tools...110 mig and plasma cutter, so I am ready for what ever project you guys want.

Motown Muscle is having a rental in october...its expensive but I know it will be a nice tempature and have the track to our selves...now if I could get zippy back in MI :)

glad the MI guys find each other. I am always read to help a MI guy. I dont have a set-up like rice eaters but I am all game for wrenching and beers whenever...

I just picked up some miller tools...110 mig and plasma cutter, so I am ready for what ever project you guys want.

Motown Muscle is having a rental in october...its expensive but I know it will be a nice tempature and have the track to our selves...now if I could get zippy back in MI smile.gif

sounds like we need to have a wrech beer party..lol

got your self some miller goodies?? sweeet!! i love miller..i just sold my lincoln 110 to get a millermatic single phase..:) but dont have a plasma yet..i really want one..which one did you get and how much?? im tryin to deside which to get a plasma or a tig i realllly want a tig

forgot about the rental...maybe i need to get a set of headers for my truck and a run tune and see if i can get in the 11s...lol hey speakin of ..wasnt some one sayin some really good think about some headers that were like $250 new of ebay?? that were actually build nice?

looks like the truck sets 33 1/2 inch from the ground in the front..and 34 3/4 in the rear ... which hanger should i go with? will i need a shim kit any idea?

djm hangers and your set to go. you wont need shim kit you will only be going 1 inch lower in rear to level it out.

djm hangers and your set to go. you wont need shim kit you will only be going 1 inch lower in rear to level it out.

i mean would it be a 3inch or 4inch hanger? would a 3 inch give me 1 in..and a 4in give me 2in? can i buy Just hangers anywhere?? since i dont need the whole kit??