I Think Its Time To Lower My Truck More Then It Is..?!?

RICE EATER

hangers are 2 inches shackles are 1-2 inches.

ok thats why i was confused..some kits i thought must do them different..some kits ive seen have 2 settings on the hanger i though..kinda seemed like that would be the way to go..for the flexablity to adjust it

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont want to thread jack here but Rice Eater in that picture you posted what size tires are you running? Im trying to figure out what I want to do for tires on my truck for when I drop it and I like the way yours look!

• 2 weeks later...

hey sorry i missed your post...ive got a 305 45 22 tire on it..

got bored after work..so i desided to have alil fun...and drop my truck alil more in the rear..which ofcouse was the harder part being i had to do the hangers..its really not a bad job tho..once you take the bed off and drop the tank everything is pretty simple.. i did the removal of the rivits on the hangers the easy way..helllllo torch :) haha it honestly took less then 5mins to get the rivits cut and then punch them threw with a air chisle.

IMG00121-20101015-0049.jpg

sprayed the truck off to get all my gressy hand prints off..lol so i know the pics looks bad because its still wet..but anyways i loveeee the new stance..i tried to drop the front down to where i want it with just using the torsion..but couldnt get low anuf..soo ive got a set of torsion keys on the way. all in all im extreamly happy so far the truck doesnt rub at all yet... the only thing i dont like is i do hit the rear bump stops every so often..which i did put the short bumpstops in..but im wonderin it it would be better if i took them totaly out

IMG00123-20101015-1755.jpg

btw what torsion keys did you get how much were they shipped?

and if you want the front to be as low as the back with the keys most likely you wont get it to align because you have to go lower than 2 inches. This is why i use the djm a arms. Much nicer ride drops it 3 inches and no alignment issues. you can also crank the bars up a little. just some info for you guys.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

on my customers trucks i use the energy suspension small bumpstop its only 3/8 tall. part number is 9.9132. what rear shocks are you running?

Whats the bumpstop thats in the djm kit? it was pretty small but from what i remeber it was larger then 3/8.. all have to crawl under it and look at the shocks im not sure what they are

btw what torsion keys did you get how much were they shipped?

and if you want the front to be as low as the back with the keys most likely you wont get it to align because you have to go lower than 2 inches. This is why i use the djm a arms. Much nicer ride drops it 3 inches and no alignment issues. you can also crank the bars up a little. just some info for you guys.

i got the keys for $60 shipped used tho

probly wont align? well damn thats not what i wanted to hear..guess i should have asked you about that. how much are the arms?

Good info in this thread for any newbies that come across wanting info for lowing their truck.

On a side note, I agree with the torch. Makes it SO much easier to heat the rivet heads up and blast em off. Why did you take off the bed though?? Seems more work to take it off as all the rivets can easily be accessed with the bed on. To me at least, just curious

2/4 drop truck rear is lower (1/4 inch) with a 3/4 drop means you have to crank the hell out of the keys which he wants to do to get front lower. On top of that will be sitting on the bumpstops a lot more just trying to help out here.

throw the keys in and drop it down and go from there. for 60 bucks you cant go wrong.

also keys and spindles is a lot different then just using keys to get 3 inches.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

Good info in this thread for any newbies that come across wanting info for lowing their truck.

On a side note, I agree with the torch. Makes it SO much easier to heat the rivet heads up and blast em off. Why did you take off the bed though?? Seems more work to take it off as all the rivets can easily be accessed with the bed on. To me at least, just curious

because the bed comes of super easy..8 bolts with an impact and you lift the bed off in a few mins..and stand up and do all the work..or leave the bed on and lay on your back..and layin on my back tryin to torch something off over me is something i try to avoid..lol... if i had a hoist then that might have been a different story

being id never done this before i tried to get everything out of my way to make it as easy as possible..some guys said to hit the rivets up cherry red hot then pop the head off with a air chissle and then pop them threw..i tried on the first one and it just seemed like to much work after tryin it on the first one. i guess if i was tryin to save the factory hangers and didnt wanna take a chance in burnin a hole in one then maybe thats the way to go..but for me i just i just blasted em off..sooo soo easy

2/4 drop truck rear is lower (1/4 inch) with a 3/4 drop means you have to crank the hell out of the keys which he wants to do to get front lower. On top of that will be sitting on the bumpstops a lot more just trying to help out here.

throw the keys in and drop it down and go from there. for 60 bucks you cant go wrong.

also keys and spindles is a lot different then just using keys to get 3 inches.

100% correct!!!..thers 1/4 between the front and rear..its so close you cant really tell..but i just like to have alil rake to the truck.. i attempted to drop the torsion down about 8 turns thinking that would put me about 1 inch lower in the front..but i could only go about 7 turns and basicly the bolts would be lose and just fall out..so i did a full turn on them so im about 6 turns lower then i was before..or 1 full turn above the lowest..ya i figured for 60 i couldnt go wrong il try it and see if i like it..if not i guess its off to arms or would spindles basicly do the same thing with keys? i would assume arms would be the best route

thanks for all the help again NORCAL... have you done a wright up about installing keys? or is there one already on the site some where? just curious to read that

because the bed comes of super easy..8 bolts with an impact and you lift the bed off in a few mins..and stand up and do all the work..or leave the bed on and lay on your back..and layin on my back tryin to torch something off over me is something i try to avoid..lol... if i had a hoist then that might have been a different story

being id never done this before i tried to get everything out of my way to make it as easy as possible..some guys said to hit the rivets up cherry red hot then pop the head off with a air chissle and then pop them threw..i tried on the first one and it just seemed like to much work after tryin it on the first one. i guess if i was tryin to save the factory hangers and didnt wanna take a chance in burnin a hole in one then maybe thats the way to go..but for me i just i just blasted em off..sooo soo easy

To each his own on the bed part. Either way a torch FTW

...oh and your truck is tits. Thought id throw that in there too

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)