Custom Stainless Dual Exhaust System

slowfive0

Well bit the bullet and went with a true dual exhaust system with long tubes, catalytic converters, x-pipe and HUGE "stainless steel" flowmasters. Hope it runs better and is quieter. fingersx.gif

Video and Picture link:

http://s744.photobucket.com/albums/xx87/slowfive0/Silverado%20SS/

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

No, it had JBA stainless shorties, stock mid pipe with cats and a Corsa Sport catback. Should pick up with the addition of the long tubes from the threads I've read on here.

Did you run it any before you had the X-pipe installed? If so did you notice any gains with it. Sweet looking setup man. thumbsup.gif

I'll have some later tonight that I'll post up.

looks really good. you got any pics of how you terminated it in the back?

Yes, Diamond Fabrication. He is the man!!! I'm actually working on going to Lidio day at Ubly this Saturday. Always a lot of cool cars out and a good time. Hopefully, see some mid 12's. You guys are more then welcome to come out---hope you can make it out. Let me know.

who did the fab work? DiamondFabrication?

looks sweet, should work great.

I hope you can get the SSS out to the track with us this fall

Still working on gettting some video posted up. Went to the track Saturday. Temperature was right at 60-65^, no humidity.

12.67 @ 104. 60's in the 1.7's. Truck was spinning a little out of the hole and everyone was complaining about the track surface so I hope to get out one more time this year and maybe get the truck down in the 1.6's.....

If I could drop those 60's and with some good cold air I think the truck has some 12.40's in it.....maybe a high 12.3X fingersx.gif . Either way, I'm very pleased with it and met all of my goals thus far.

On the drive home from the track it was getting 17 mpg (going around 60mph). Mpg around town has been in the 15's.

Very pleased! Have a great day guys!

Still working on gettting some video posted up. Went to the track Saturday. Temperature was right at 60-65^, no humidity.

12.67 @ 104. 60's in the 1.7's. Truck was spinning a little out of the hole and everyone was complaining about the track surface so I hope to get out one more time this year and maybe get the truck down in the 1.6's.....

If I could drop those 60's and with some good cold air I think the truck has some 12.40's in it.....maybe a high 12.3X fingersx.gif . Either way, I'm very pleased with it and met all of my goals thus far.

On the drive home from the track it was getting 17 mpg (going around 60mph). Mpg around town has been in the 15's.

That's a damned respectable performance :cool: Do you have any idea what your IATs were? I'm very curious what the truck would run if you disconnected the v-band clamps after the X-pipe :dunno: Do you know what your WOT timing is? I also would be looking at your 1/4-m MPH, 104.xx could use some improvement, that MPH crossing the line is an indicator of how much horsepower the motor is making.

For comparison, your project is very similar to BSER's truck, he has a GT2-3 + 2.8" Radix + Dynamaxx long tubes + Corsa Sport and that truck runs consistent 12.50s and on a couple occasions 12.30s. I forget what converter he runs, I think it's a TCS but cannot remember. So yeah you got all the pieces, I think it's weather plus small tuning optimizations that will get you there.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

do you have a video of what it sounds like?

See link on original post for some videos at the track. You can hear it a little there. I still need to get a video of start up, idle and revving loaded. Will do that soon.

Upload it to your account on youtube, then link or embed it here.

Duh, thanks. pepsicheer.gif

Videos posted at top of thread.

That's a damned respectable performance cool.gif Do you have any idea what your IATs were? I'm very curious what the truck would run if you disconnected the v-band clamps after the X-pipe dunno.gif Do you know what your WOT timing is? I also would be looking at your 1/4-m MPH, 104.xx could use some improvement, that MPH crossing the line is an indicator of how much horsepower the motor is making.

For comparison, your project is very similar to BSER's truck, he has a GT2-3 + 2.8" Radix + Dynamaxx long tubes + Corsa Sport and that truck runs consistent 12.50s and on a couple occasions 12.30s. I forget what converter he runs, I think it's a TCS but cannot remember. So yeah you got all the pieces, I think it's weather plus small tuning optimizations that will get you there.

Mr. P.

IAT on my best pass was 151. On a hot lap (ET wasn't horribly effected either) it was 171. I let it cool for 3-4 hours and IAT was 136 at top of run. The truck didn't run as good on that pass because I got a lot of KR early on in 1st gear (ECT was only 120 and IAT was 79 at this point). I'll need to do some more work on the tune. Possibly engine noise inducing false kr....I haven't looked into it at this point. I can say I was very happy with its performance hot lapping it. Didn't effect it much. It went 12.85 after sitting idling in the lanes for 10-15 minutes (oil down). I went 12.75 at one point then came right around and made another pass and it went 12.70. Overall, it is pretty consistent.

Timing got to 20 at top of 2nd gear and only 13.5-14 at top of 3rd gear as the rpm was much lower (4700). I'm thinking I can play with the timing a little lower in the table and get those numbers up in 3rd gear where it should pick up the mph substantially.

I'm game to drop the exhaust as a test---that is part of the future game plan -- lol! I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for the feedback.

so those v clamps don't leak?

Not a bit. They are a machined surface plus these have a lip one one side that mates to the other one. If you do the v-bands, make sure you buy the better quality ones. The cheaper ones don't always have that lip and the clamps will often distort. It's worth it to buy the better quality heavy duty ones.

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)