Huge Drop In Mpg? Help!

All the sudden have a huge lose of mpg? I have a 2003 1500 HD with the LQ4 6.0. I always average 13.5 around town driving and could get 18 on the highway. That was with a 89 tune. I put in a 93 tune and bam the mpg went 4-5 mpg lower? I can not see it being cause by a tune? I don't want so mention the tune name but is a very well know tuner is always does top notch work! Does anyone have any idea where to ever start? I put back the 89 tune and will run that for a few weeks to see if it is something else? Looking for some thoughts and ideas. Thank you.

I highly doubt this is it, but change your fuel filter or have you done it recently?

I changed that about three months back. What about O2's? I will see how it goes in the next week with the 89 tune back in? Thanks for the input guys.

if this started when u swapped to a 93 octane tune, there is NOTHING REMOTELY POSSIBLE to effect the mph besides the tune. there isnt anything that could make it worse. ask ur tuner how much timing and spark, etc... u have when not under WOT. i guarantee ur probably a lot of spark and with upwards of 40* of timing in closed loop. just call ur tuner or have him live tune it.