Exhaust- What to get

I have talked w/ some folks here in town and they say not to modify the SS exhaust. They say most of the aftermarket systems restrict the flow and you lose HP.

I need the best all around suggest on what to put on this SS as far as exhaust. I want some more HP from it and of course I would love the rumble.

What mufflers/cats would work the best?

Your suggestions are all apprectiated. :D

That's hard to say, but anything is going to flow better than the factory muffler. One thing you might lose, depending on what system you get, is low end torque. There are a few people running the Corsa cat-back, I have dual flowmaster super 40's, and a few other people are running flowmaster also. But there are alot of systems out there, so you should probably get what sounds best to you.

Options are wide open, many choices.

Read up on what people have done and think. After you do something you may want to go back and change it.

Most of all.... take your time.

The tequila's doing some talking here... :rolleyes:

WW :cheers:

I started with the Corsa cat back system......

No loss of power, great sound, no noise in cab. Sounds is close to my Z06.....

Currently have added Supermaxx headers and free flow cats, thats very loud, but still sounds great passing an "L" :D

Good luck!

I have talked w/ some folks here in town and they say not to modify the SS exhaust. They say most of the aftermarket systems restrict the flow and you lose HP.

I need the best all around suggest on what to put on this SS as far as exhaust. I want some more HP from it and of course I would love the rumble.

Your suggestions are all apprectiated. :D

If are anywhere near me, come buy my Flowmaster HD muffler. I will sell it at $40, plus shipping. My wife would love you.

I think a custom Flowmaster system dumped off the muffler sounds great. I have 3 chambers with a 2 1/2" Magnaflow X-pipe dumped under the bed. If you like the sound of exhaust, it is awsome, you hear the exhaust almost all the time but with no resonance at any speed.

Archived