Hit 115Mph Today, Still Had More

KAC1023

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our trucks wont shift into 4th at wot unless you have it put into a custom tune that you want 4th gear wot . i have 4th and have gps at 155mph might be a bit more but the drag is huge at that speed even with my power pushing it

Does Wheatley not do this or can he not? I just got a tune from him and mine doesn't shift into 4th either at wot...

So uhh, does my truck have a tune or different PCM in it? I love all the high speed chat, but does a "stock" 03 AWD SSs get governed at a certain speed? The guy I got my truck from sold me the truck because he found a newer one with less milage. He took the Wildwood brakes out of mine to put in his new one, and my truck has a air raid intake on it, so it isn't "stock". It does shift kinda hard. In my area we have I684 that goes from I287 from lower Westchester NY to above I84 in Putnam NY, that is a good "ripper" for straight line shots. When I had my 88 Ford 5.0 Liter I ripped a 150 on it by Goldens Bridge.

Does Wheatley not do this or can he not? I just got a tune from him and mine doesn't shift into 4th either at wot...

He can, but you may have to ask for it specifically........

So uhh, does my truck have a tune or different PCM in it? I love all the high speed chat, but does a "stock" 03 AWD SSs get governed at a certain speed? The guy I got my truck from sold me the truck because he found a newer one with less milage. He took the Wildwood brakes out of mine to put in his new one, and my truck has a air raid intake on it, so it isn't "stock". It does shift kinda hard. In my area we have I684 that goes from I287 from lower Westchester NY to above I84 in Putnam NY, that is a good "ripper" for straight line shots. When I had my 88 Ford 5.0 Liter I ripped a 150 on it by Goldens Bridge.

As stated earlier, a stock '03 is governed at 108mph. It would be hard to tell if you have a tune without someone downloading your truck and looking at the current calibrations vs. stock GM calibrations.....

When I was driving my truck though Canada there where so many open long straight roads I couldn't help but test out how fast mine would go. Its all stock but got to around 115 still felt like it was accelerating but it was hard to tell the tires where vibrating like crazy since they where stock and very worn out. Funny thing is the tune is stock, I verified this with HP tuners..... So who knows, definitely fun!

people rip on 684 man, first time i ever drove on that road when i was 16 i was going like 75 and felt like i was standing still

and lets not forget how very poorly most speedometers read at high speeds ususaly 15% or so if not worse , i know bikes are horrible for have speedos that read high . and gps only works if you are on a straight flat road otherwise it will be off too

Speedos work alright, GPS units even better, but I like throwing in the RADAR or LIDAR unit for accuracy at measuring how fast my SS can go. Now just to find a secluded location to really let loose and see how accurate the speedo really is.

Here is a good video of a SS doing 120, you can clearly see it ran out of motor, rev'd out in 3rd gear

superchips doesn't alter the WOT 3-4 shift either, so even if he did still have motor, the pcm would not comand a 3-4 shift and hence why he got stuck there. By default, GM doesn not allow a 3-4 upshift at over 80% throttle

I'D LOVE to open her up, especialy now that I got the ram air done... with my luck I'd tag a deer or Smokey would nail me. No roads I trust that much. I did hit 161 in the Vette tho(no GPS then, so according to speedo)... that's when I was crazy

According to my gps i had my 04 ss goin 130 mph in 3rd, wouldnt shift to 4th without droppin to about 1/2 throttle. Is there a tune or anything that will make it shift to 4th? I have a superchips in it for now and tried reducing the shift point from 3rd gear to 4th but it didnt help.

According to my gps i had my 04 ss goin 130 mph in 3rd, wouldnt shift to 4th without droppin to about 1/2 throttle. Is there a tune or anything that will make it shift to 4th? I have a superchips in it for now and tried reducing the shift point from 3rd gear to 4th but it didnt help.

Yes a custom tune will do it, superchips does not have teh ability to alter WOT/shift parameters. By default GM will not allow a 3-4 shift at WOT

Hmmmm correct me if I am wrong but I thought those handheld tuners will not allow you to exceed the stock limiter more than 10% due to the tires max MPH rating due to the liability.......