Synthetic Oil?

Ruben525

I run Exxon Superflow in my SS. Been running it since I bought the truck brand new and changing it out when the oil-life-monitor reaches between 5-10%. The filter is changed at every oil change interval and the truck has 74,000 miles. I can get around 6500 miles between oil changes this way. I have yet to have to add any oil between the standard intervals and I forsee driving this truck well into the 100k+ mile range.

For my truck, I don't see the point of bearing the added expense of running synthetic or changing it at the 3k mile interval when its not required. It just adds to my overall cost of ownership and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. The way I look at it is synthetic now is good for the next guy to whom I sell the truck. If its a worn out POS at 200k miles, then it'll be someone elses problem. :devil:

I haven't switched to synthetic in my truck yet but i have do use it in my 02 grand prix GTP, and have been for the past 8 year's.

Improved milage and performance are a YES

There is nothing i can add to this thread that the guys here haven't mentioned, its worth the little extra to run it.

Its a mobil oil filter for the corvettes, it is taller than the one recomended for the truck, therefore provides more filtration area with out loosing oil pressure

So this filter is better? Why doesn't everyone use this filter if it's better I'm just wondering

Ok thanks I'll have to give it a try btw how much dose an oil change cost more or less for the oil and filter I'll change it myself

6 quart case of Mobil 1 is $30-45 depending on where you shop. A good filter is anywhere between $7 and $12. More filter recommendations.....

AC Delco PF46 (short)

Mobil 1 M1-206 (tall)

K&N HP-1007 (short)

K&N HP-2006 (tall)

6 quart case of Mobil 1 is $30-45 depending on where you shop. A good filter is anywhere between $7 and $12. More filter recommendations.....

AC Delco PF46 (short)

Mobil 1 M1-206 (tall)

K&N HP-1007 (short)

K&N HP-2006 (tall)

That's not bad I think I'm gonna go with the mobil 1 m1-206

Nice write up guys. I had a good read. I'm currently running mobile 1 with a K&N 1007 filter. No problems. I used to run Q horsepower with a fram filter, but after hearing some bad news about the fram filters. I switched. I've got 197 000km with no major problems. (water pump seal and upper ball joints) otherwise no other parts replaced:-) these truck hold together pretty good. But seriously SYNTHEIC is worth every penny! Esppecially if your in a climate with swinging temperatures, synthetic is less affected by cold and heat, (viscosity wise) as well as just being a badass oil in general. :pepsicheer: