Thinking About Buying A Pontiac G8 Gt.

jtmarine02

So it's time to buy my wife a new car to replace her 05 Mazda 3. We are looking to buy another sedan since we only have 1 kid and a SUV isnt necessary yet. (although I'd love a new GMC Yukon Denali w/ 6.2L) Anyways we found a 2009 Pontiac G8 GT with 17K miles for 24998. It's got a 6.0L GM engine and its color is near that of my Arrival Blue SSS. I love that blue! Anyways wanted to get you guy's opinion on the car.... here is the link to it if you wanna browse.G8 GT link. Thanks and let me know what y'all think!

I had one already, they have a few problems on the bushing of the suspensions and the front control arms. other then that put some long tubes an intake and a good tune and these things are monsters. stock mine dyno'ed at 286 on the wheels and after those mods i dyno'ed at 368RWHP. not bad.. LOL

Here is a picture of my old car.. I miss her....

post-21204-019654000 1288384399_thumb.jpg

thanks for all that input! Keep it coming... We went and test drove a different one, white non-leather w/ sunroof & 40K miles, just to see how it drove. Both the wife and I loved it. I really dig the power that it has. Now its time to decide if we are choosing the G8 GT or my wife's 2nd choice, a 2008 G35 Infinity Sedan... Pray for me that we get the G8... lol

G8s are pretty sweet. we test drove one last year nice cars. on the other hand G35s are nice also. If it were a ride for me id get the G8 but when it comes to a vehicle for my wife i wouldn't really care about the HP to much it would be more of a safety thing for me to buy. good luck on your choice both are nice.

im in the same boat for my old lady . just cant really decide . there are really nice bmw's and benz in the same price range ( 335's and a few e55 amg 's ) gotta say working on the g8 would be alot easier though.