Lighting

Ive been wanting to change the front end lights on my truck but Im so lost with all the things out there, I like the looks of the lights with the rings on them but Id like to have HID's. Are the ringed lights called Halo, projector or euro? Whats the difference in all of these and do any of them work with HIDs? I know its been asked before about that and theres guide on retro fitting stuff to make it work but Im not all into that but im not into diriving blind at night either so some input would be nice.

Ok first things first. Halo are those Led rings around the actual headlights like you see on the BMW's. Some aftermarket headlights come with these. They offer no light output just looks. Euro is just a style of light, like cleared lenses. The Projectors are the ideal to use with HIDs as seen in the European cars an alot of newer vehicles, these projectors do exactly what their name is they project the light with a certain cut off so as to not blind on coming traffic an cause accidents. Some ebay headlight sets come with projectors an even a set of HIDs. It is not required that you put HID's into a projector. I myself am just running a set of HID's in the stock housing as alot of the other members are doing as well. The light output isnt as focused b.c there isnt a projector to focus the beam of light but still works dam well IMO. As far as HIDs go there is a Kalvin Scale for the amount of light and color they give off. depending on the company you purchase the kits from, 3000k is yellowish color, 4500k-5000k is a white color. 6000k is a pure white color an gives the best light output. 8000k is more blueish white an I feel the same light output. As you proceed higher into the scale the less output you will see. Hope this helps.

I like how the halo rings look, but as for projectors I know alot of people said they put out less light than factory housings but I like how they look, is there a reputable site to order from with a good brand? I dont like ebay and I can never tell if they are cheaply made or not because they all look the same which makes me think if ones cheap they all are.

Um, Its hard to say who's good an bad on ebay. I personally haven't bought aftermarket headlights from ebay for the truck yet. So i dont have an opinion, hopefully someone else may have. As far as less light output, Ive never heard that. Ive heard being more dis-pursed well compared to stock headlights.esp when Hids are the light source.