Trailblazer Tc Question

I have a Trailblazer TC Sitting in my shop (yes its good) Its out an earier TB forgot the year, it was 6cyl/4L60E. I remember people saying it helped the SS's. I was thinking of swapping mine. I am getting ready to service my tranny. Since I have a repair shop doing the work is no problem. I have a 112k on my stock trans (yes stock and runnng n2o). I know it can go anytime :fingersx: I will be building a tranny in the near future and will buy a good stall TC or may go 6spd and keep the AWD. I have a friend thats a machinist that can modify the rear housing on my T56 in my Firebird to accept the transfer case. Is it worth it to swap it, not going to cost anything just my labor?

i remember hearing somthing about them being a ticking time bomb....... but i could be wrong dunno.gif

Well hopefully it holds together for a little while. I do have 112k on the original trans and have made many 12sec passes on the bottle. iwill be building a tranny next year or going 6spd.

Just installed one in mine, so far so good (only have less than 200 miles on it so far) :fingersx: Stalls up to 2800, definitely helps the SS get a better launch

Thats what I have heard for mostly stock applications w/bolt ons. Thats what I have right know.

for tthe manual I believe its a clutch issue, heavy truck just eats'em. forget the screen name of the guy, he ended up going back auto.

the TBSS stall is nice, you will like it but dropping a trans to do it twice would suck.

I would put it in :)

for tthe manual I believe its a clutch issue, heavy truck just eats'em. forget the screen name of the guy, he ended up going back auto.

I think it was John AKA KellyPerformance

the TBSS stall is nice, you will like it but dropping a trans to do it twice would suck.

I would put it in :)

x2, they are a few guys around here running them.

Edited by shakesvho (see edit history)

The price is right, put it in there :driving: BManSS had one in his truck, and it stalled about 2600-ish; he had a ZEX 125-kit on that truck too and drove it every day (construction/handyman work) and the converter finally started squealing just over 2-years later. But he loved it and it would cut a respectable 60-ft time on the nitrous. Can't beat the improvement for the price. OH also, his trans temps went up about 20-degrees and he was still using the factory external cooler FWIW.

Mr. P. :)

The 6spd is just a thought right know. doing the is not really a issue since I have an auto repair shop. Does anyone have the part# the one I have does not have a clear part# but is out a 6cyl Envoy, truck was a tota loss wreck with less miles than mine? I can call my GM dealer with the vin to make sure its the one need. As far as trans temp, mine does not run hot at all. Was about 150* till my gauges started acting, now out for repair.