Went To A Show This Past Weekend

usabodyguard

Not having the chance to drive my truck for about 6 weeks, I decided to take it down to a local show - FallFest - "Falling for the Classics" the name should give it away - classic and muscle cars, what the hell I went anyways.

It was a pay to show event, and they had tropheys not based so much on car specifics like best mustang it was more general...

Classes were - best rat rod, best 50's car, 60's car, best paint, best engine, best import, best convertible and a few more... there were probably 160 cars entered, it was a cool show, especially last minute.

The judging was done by a bunch of old classic car guys, I knew i had no chance in hell.... at the end when they were calling out awards, I listened to a few then went to pack my truck and leave... I was called out the winner for best over all paint?!

WTF? I was shocked really, there were a lot of really nice classic cars and muscle cars in attendance, i knew i didnt have it for best engine - a guy had a 6xx cid with an 871 blower on it, the entire thing was polished - pure sickness. Here are a couple pics...

57985bb3.jpg

There was a guy there who specializes in overhead shots, he took a few of my truck, I will post them once he sends them.

Hey what kind of wheels are those? I really like them!! For some reason I wanna say it was you that I saw maybe a few years ago on here that got custom wheels.. not sure...

They are prowheels, polished billet wheels 22x10's about 29lbs each. At the time they were the first set made for me, since they've made a few more sets... but each wheel, like any custom order billet is made with your specific offset, and dont know what my offset or backspacing is, sorry.

They are around 1k per wheel last time i checked, plus rubber.

They are prowheels, polished billet wheels 22x10's about 29lbs each. At the time they were the first set made for me, since they've made a few more sets... but each wheel, like any custom order billet is made with your specific offset, and dont know what my offset or backspacing is, sorry.

They are around 1k per wheel last time i checked, plus rubber.

K thanks, love the look and weight but the price is a little steep... Maybe if I keep the truck for life I could justify myself for that kind of money in my truck for wheels lol, then again I've got that much in brakes on a truck I don't even drive... happysad.gif

Dave I know you hear this all the time but your truck is bamf brother.

I have a question for you also. I wanted to know where you got your billet coolant resivior cover and master cylinder covers. I have been looking for some for ever. If you could square me away that would be awesome brother.

Justin

Thanks...

I dont have a master cylinder cover - its just the stock white ugly ass resv.

My radiator overflow tank was replaced with a custom aluminum tank made by a Trick Performance out of texas, along with my heat exchanger tank for my SC.

Stylin' trucks does have a master cylinder cover that fits over the top, but does not cover the entire unit, I ordered one of those, but my MC res was too large and it didnt fit. I guess the cover fits 2005 and up trucks?

• 1 month later...

Congrats. Its always great to be supprised with an award especially when there are alot of awsome cars there. We all know you have worked hard on it. you have done great job for a slacker lol.

I have buddy that painted my truck that used to be into mini trucks. He would win best of paint out of thousands of trucks. The last year he entered he got so busy at work he didn't even get to work on the truck until the day before the nationals. Well he painted it all night and buffed it that morning and still won best paint.