Went To A Show This Past Weekend

usabodyguard

Not having the chance to drive my truck for about 6 weeks, I decided to take it down to a local show - FallFest - "Falling for the Classics" the name should give it away - classic and muscle cars, what the hell I went anyways.

It was a pay to show event, and they had tropheys not based so much on car specifics like best mustang it was more general...

Classes were - best rat rod, best 50's car, 60's car, best paint, best engine, best import, best convertible and a few more... there were probably 160 cars entered, it was a cool show, especially last minute.

The judging was done by a bunch of old classic car guys, I knew i had no chance in hell.... at the end when they were calling out awards, I listened to a few then went to pack my truck and leave... I was called out the winner for best over all paint?!

WTF? I was shocked really, there were a lot of really nice classic cars and muscle cars in attendance, i knew i didnt have it for best engine - a guy had a 6xx cid with an 871 blower on it, the entire thing was polished - pure sickness. Here are a couple pics...

57985bb3.jpg

decf7b5e.jpg

There was a guy there who specializes in overhead shots, he took a few of my truck, I will post them once he sends them.

Dave, you underestimate your truck! There isn't a bad thing to say about the build, period. Most hot rod, classic car guys can appreciate a tastefully modded truck. Now throw a Honda Civic in that show and that's a different story.

Nice work, glad to see you enjoying the hard work spent on the truck!

IMO A very well deserved trophy.

I will still trade you my wife and truck for yours... She's getting better at cooking too... (The Wife) LOL

:jester:

Pics of said truck and wife!!! ROFL

@kevin - yes I do down play my truck a lot, thanks for the kind words man! Im actually doing a few more tech articles with the magazine, as im still adding more stuff (you can never stop damnit) - rear end stuff, suspension, engine stuff, etc.

Dave, you underestimate your truck! There isn't a bad thing to say about the build, period. Most hot rod, classic car guys can appreciate a tastefully modded truck. Now throw a Honda Civic in that show and that's a different story.

Nice work, glad to see you enjoying the hard work spent on the truck!

X2 on what he said!

Dave, as always its great to see pics of your badass truck!

On a side note who came up with your paint scheme? Im getting very close to repainting my whole and leaning towards custom instead of two-tone with stock GM colors.

Thats pretty damn cool. Kind of how it went when i entered mine last minute just across the street in my local park this last spring, minus the thousands and thousands of dollars in upgrades and customizations. Nevertheless, its kind of fun to do things like that last minute, especially with that outcome. Congrats !! That's one incredible truck. Mike

Thanks for the props guys... a lot of sweat, blood, and money went into this truck... and im STILL not done... i have 4 more tech articles we will be shooting in the next few weeks - new rear sway bar, TA girdle, an accusump pre-oiling system (good since i dont start my truck very often), and a few other upgrades - and the system is next.