My Ss Is Infested With Ants... Yep... Ants!

90zxdriver

As the title says, my truck is currently infested with ants. Yep, those little black crawly things. They are everywhere!!! They don't come out until I start driving my truck and then they are just everywhere. They are all over the inside and outside of the truck.

The other day at work the helicopter landed in the parking lot and after it left we noticed ants crawling all over all the vehicles in the parking lot. I think the wind the chopper threw down when it landed disturbed a big ant nest and they just scattered and covered anything they could.

I am trying to get rid of them and I wanted to know if its safe to 'bomb' the interior of my truck with a bug bomb like you would use in a house. I really can't think of another way to kill them all. I'm just a little worried about what the chemicals may do to the interior.

Maybe and I was hoping that might work but were in a bit of a cold spell right now but then again the ants are usually out n the hot Florida sun all day anyway so I don't know. All I do know is that when I drive to work in the morning I'm going to have ants all over me and the truck!!!

Florida doesn't necessarily mean anything inside will die.

I bought a used vehicle once that was infested with roaches. I took what I could out of the vehicle and bombed it for a whole weekend - so about four bombs. I just vacuumed & went about my way. However that was when I was young and dumb.

I posted this on the Adam's forums asking what could be used to clean the residue from a bomb, if used. One guy said to call an exterminator, advise what's up and see what they say. Personally anything inside a vehicle whether it's ants, roaches, spiders, etc..are all yukky.

Good luck in getting these lil suckers out!

If you used a "bomb", I would be concerned with the effects of the spray on the plastics of the interior. You could get around that by putting news papers on top of the surfaces likely to get direct spray. The news paper would still allow the fumes to circulate enough to kill the bugs.

It was so bad this morning. I got to work, full uniform, just cleaned and pressed and my buddy is like "Dude, your covered in ants"

Yep, had about 20 crawling on me. I was soooooo pissed. Going to Home Depot tonight and getting traps. If they don't work, its getting bombed!!!!!!!!