My Ss Is Infested With Ants... Yep... Ants!

90zxdriver

ok, so someone else responded with this list:

Well, this sounds logical:

> Remove all garbage and food from your car. Ants are attracted to food, so clean out your car in case any sweet substances have spilled in it and attracted the invaders.

> Coat your tires with ant spray. The ants are getting into the car at the most likely point of contact: your tires. Spray your tires with ant spray to cut off their point of entry.

> Take your ant bait and place it under the seats of your car. If you have ants, this is a thorough way to be rid of them. Not only will you kill the invading ants, but you will also kill off the colony.

> Sprinkle black pepper on your floors. This is an easy, organic way to keep ants at bay. It will serve the same purpose as a barrier type of insect spray.

> Sprinkle boric acid on your floors. Be extremely cautious if you take this step. Boric acid is not safe around pets or children, and can also be dangerous if you come in contact with it and ingest it. Boric acid should only be used as a last-ditch effort.

Good luck on this!!!

Edited by StormChaser7905 (see edit history)

The instructions on those "bombs" say to cover waxed things, like floors, which tells me they probably have some undesired liquid spray in them that can attach waxes and maybe plastics.

From Raid's website for their Flea Bomb:

Cover waxed wood floors, waxed furniture, and stereo with plastic dust covers in the immediate area surrounding the fogger. (Newspapers may be used.)

Also be aware of the potential for them to become a real BOMB. The fumes are flammable, probably the propellant. A spark from a switch in the car could ignite them (like opening the door, or turning on the engine) so let it naturally ventilate after the prescribed fumigation time. It might even be a good idea to disconnect the battery before it is bombed.

DO NOT use in a room 5ftx5ft or smaller; instead, allow fog to enter from other rooms. Turn off all ignition sources such as pilot lights (shut off gas valves), other open flames, and running electrical appliances that cycle off and on (e.g. refrigerators, thermostats, etc.). Call your gas utility or management company if you need assistance with your pilot lights.

It was so bad this morning. I got to work, full uniform, just cleaned and pressed and my buddy is like "Dude, your covered in ants"

Yep, had about 20 crawling on me. I was soooooo pissed. Going to Home Depot tonight and getting traps. If they don't work, its getting bombed!!!!!!!!

could always try the home defense stuff.. safe for cab and interior.. i used once inside my s10 but only sprayed along lower door trim and etc

but mine was due to a couple day parked in the yard issue

• 2 weeks later...

I made some progress and I think the ants may finally be gone! I hadn't seen in almost a week but then was cleaning out some gear in the bed and found they had made a little nest in my stuff... probably about 50 of em' in there. That was it for me. I took the Ortho Home Defense stuff I use for the house and sprayed my whole bedrug and cab. Basically anything with carpet got sprayed. At that point I didn't care what it did to the interior. I couldn't take the ants anymore. It seems to have worked but I did have one random guy run across my dash yesterday. I'm going to give it a week and see if any more show up before I go to something more drastic and most likely bomb the truck.

I made some progress and I think the ants may finally be gone! I hadn't seen in almost a week but then was cleaning out some gear in the bed and found they had made a little nest in my stuff... probably about 50 of em' in there. That was it for me. I took the Ortho Home Defense stuff I use for the house and sprayed my whole bedrug and cab. Basically anything with carpet got sprayed. At that point I didn't care what it did to the interior. I couldn't take the ants anymore. It seems to have worked but I did have one random guy run across my dash yesterday. I'm going to give it a week and see if any more show up before I go to something more drastic and most likely bomb the truck.

I am pretty sure ants are also attracted to electircal fields such as wires and things might not be a bad idea to pull the dash apart and be sure they are not hiding under it. This is a unique issue good luck.:pepsicheer:

I am pretty sure ants are also attracted to electircal fields such as wires and things might not be a bad idea to pull the dash apart and be sure they are not hiding under it. This is a unique issue good luck.:pepsicheer:

I've got to pull out my Pioneer radio and rewire it one of these days... I'll look for ants while I'm doing it and see whats back there.