Island Dragway

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys had fun and post up pics if you got them.

It sucked!

rocker.jpg

Driving there, Ed and I stopped for gas when his truck made a ticking sound. We pull away and pulled to the side of the road where we had to do some investigative work. Pulled the coils off, pulled the valve cover off and found a broken Yella Terra rocker on cylinder 1 (see picture). Towed him to a safe location and went to the track late.

I did one run with my nitrous tune without spraying to verify the timing was set correctly. Log looked great (ran a 13 flat, which I expected only running 14* of total timing). Next time up I was set to spray a healthy shot however for some stupid reason the nitrous controller did not fire off the solenoids. I got out of it a little and put it to the floor again hoping it would trigger the solenoids but it didn't. I did some investigative work and noticed that my WOT switch in the nitrous controller never saw the TPS voltage to indicate a WOT condition. Easy fix...I will be back at it this weekend.

The track was oiled and shut down I think about 80% of the time from some junker. Island is run horrible, there were a ton of race cars there, weather was believe it or not, not the best for new personal bests (however Niko came very close to his after sitting in the lanes for an hour or so).

It sucked!

post-1292-094364200 1289830242_thumb.jpg

Driving there, Ed and I stopped for gas when his truck made a ticking sound. We pull away and pulled to the side of the road where we had to do some investigative work. Pulled the coils off, pulled the valve cover off and found a broken Yella Terra rocker on cylinder 1 (see picture). Towed him to a safe location and went to the track late.

I did one run with my nitrous tune without spraying to verify the timing was set correctly. Log looked great (ran a 13 flat, which I expected only running 14* of total timing). Next time up I was set to spray a healthy shot however for some stupid reason the nitrous controller did not fire off the solenoids. I got out of it a little and put it to the floor again hoping it would trigger the solenoids but it didn't. I did some investigative work and noticed that my WOT switch in the nitrous controller never saw the TPS voltage to indicate a WOT condition. Easy fix...I will be back at it this weekend.

The track was oiled and shut down I think about 80% of the time from some junker. Island is run horrible, there were a ton of race cars there, weather was believe it or not, not the best for new personal bests (however Niko came very close to his after sitting in the lanes for an hour or so).

yeaaaa those "home mades" really killed the track LOL. hopefully at atco it will be cooler out and i can get my time. although i did get a new best 60' of

1.683 :)

60.jpg

yeaaaa those "home mades" really killed the track LOL. hopefully at atco it will be cooler out and i can get my time. although i did get a new best 60' of 1.683 :)60.jpg

Nice 60' Niko, but WAKE-UP on the tree.

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Waiting to hear how "slowsilver" did :jester:

:wtf:

Well, as Kevin stated, conditions sucked yesterday, track prep sucked(8 oil downs didn't help either). On drag radials, the best I could muster was a 14.1, spinning them off the line. We will see what she can do at Atco on the 26th, seeing how that is a much better track(and at sea level!).....

This is the second time recently we have been to Island and sat there waiting most of the timebecause of breakdowns, it is really getting annoying. $35 to barely get 2 runs in = :icon_bs:

Niko you blamed LVD for those s l o w times lol JK anyways my truck is broke. snapped a output shaft last day at the track!!! Sprayed a 200 shot out of the hole and bang!!!! Time for a 4l80e

Edited by malibutwins (see edit history)

Nice 60' Niko, but WAKE-UP on the tree

lol i know i always sleep at the tree i dont try to get an amazing r/t

Niko you blamed LVD for those s l o w times lol JK anyways my truck is broke. snapped a output shaft last day at the track!!! Sprayed a 200 shot out of the hole and bang!!!! Time for a 4l80e

yea causae at LVD i couldnt do better than a 13.1 lol. that sucks to hear man

It sucked!

post-1292-094364200 1289830242_thumb.jpg

Kevin that sounds like you had a real lousy day man,I know youll overcome that small obstacle and get some better numbers down.:thumbs: