What Can Be Ran On Stock Electrical?

With our stock alts and electrical what is the biggest system you can logically run? The bigger your audio system the more you need to upgrade obviously but without swapping out alts, adding extra batteries, etc what is a safe range to build a system up to?

I only ask because I came across a monster of an amp last night and I can basically run anywhere from 800wrms up to 4400wrms depending on electrical. While I don't plan on going all out I would like to balance it somewhere around 1000-1500wrms if possible without having to upgrade to much at this time.

I run a 4 channel amp and a memphis pr amp pushing bout 1500 watts to my two 1000watt 12's on stock, 0 gauge wire of course. Ran almost the same setup in my s10 only with a 2k watt 15 without upgrades too without problems unless I was sitting still.

I would say between 1000-1500 would be fairly on the safe side. I was running 4 JL W3v3 subs pushed by a 1200 watt amp and never had any problems unless I cranked it way up, then I'd have a little light dimming in the headlights and interior lights when the bass hit but nothing major.

I run about 1800w, lights were diming some, before running hids. When to the stealership, bought a diesel battery tray for the pass side, popped in two yellow top ultimas, upgraded the big three and works like a charm.

I can run my stereo camping for about 8 hours before the batteries die. :ughdance:

Btw, i just did a 09 ram with the same amp I have.... when I drive it the charging system is so weak, the wipers start going and all the dummie lights come on in the dash, untill you turn the music down. Frickin dodge.