Bowtie Has Had A Rough Life.

Willoverkill

The bowtie on my grill isnt in the best of shape. Colors starting to come off the background.

I looked on ebay but theres tons of them. Has anyone else put something else on there then OEM? I see they make stickers to cover it but thats kinda not the way I want to go is it? The truck is black so if the bowtie was Im sure it would look good. What years would work for the 03?

Ideas?

Thanks.

The bowtie on my grill isnt in the best of shape. Colors starting to come off the background.

I looked on ebay but theres tons of them. Has anyone else put something else on there then OEM? I see they make stickers to cover it but thats kinda not the way I want to go is it? The truck is black so if the bowtie was Im sure it would look good. What years would work for the 03?

Ideas?

Thanks.

I bought a billet bow tie on ebay I love it goes great with black trucks. If you are going the black route here is a link http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2003-04-2005-2006-CHEVY-SILVERADO-BLACK-BOWTIE-EMBLEM-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5dbb20c1QQitemZ130421563585QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Also you might look in to shopman1 custom SS bow ties he does good work! hope this helps good luck!pepsicheer.gif

Alot of the members here have gone with whats called a shopmans bowtie. He's a member on the site and does great work. If im not mistaken its a billet bowtie with SS etched into the middle in w.e color you'd prefer. I myself will be buying one soon. I dont have any pics of them but I'm sure another member could help out or shopman himself may chime in. Or you could have your local body shop paint it to match the truck like they did mine.

thats about as close as a shot as I have to what it looks like. hope it helps.

005.jpg

I have a Shopman1 bowtie. Allot of people here have the chrome one. He did a polished aluminum one for me to match the brake ducts and SS badges.

http://www.silverado...118&mod_id=1804

with seeing yours I may just have to have him do polished aluminum for me as well. Did it cost you any extra?

I have a Shopman1 bowtie. Allot of people here have the chrome one. He did a polished aluminum one for me to match the brake ducts and SS badges.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?app=garage&do=view&tab=mods&id=118&mod_id=1804

pretty sure they are all made out of aluminum??? at least mine is and i didnt ask for anything special. i know its aluminum cause i always have to buff it with compound to keep it looking nice.

Im stuck deciding on color. Black vs polished I think would be my two picks.... Im just worried the black on the truck doesnt match the black on the bowtie, that would bother me.. So if I offset the colors then I wont have to worry about it..

haha, and all the people infront of me could see the nice big bowtie in their back window.

I do like the custom SS, but thats money thats not in the bank right now.

Opinions?

with seeing yours I may just have to have him do polished aluminum for me as well. Did it cost you any extra?

It was the same price. Maybe it brushed aluminum. Always the truck is all black and gray. I wanted to stay with those colors and not add anything that looks like chrome. He'll know what you want. He is a great guy to deal with.