srt-10 vs. lightning

adams2003

Well I had an exciting night. While coming home from dropping my dad off at the airport (in his srt-10) I was on the 60 freeway and I see this truck coming up real fast. I noticed it was a lightning and the guy drove past me and then hit the brakes after he realized what I was driving. As soon as he hit the brakes I knew he wanted to race, so I dropped it down into third but we were going to fast (80 mph) and it was at 5000 rpm's so I put it back into 4th (going 80 at 3000 rpm's)and we finally got next to eachother after about 15 seconds. He hit it first and jumped me by about 1/2 a car length but by the time we got up to 120 I had him by two lengths. We slowed down because of traffic and then went at it again, this time we hit it at the same time and I took him by about 3 car lengths or so up to 120 again. I rolled down my window after the traffic slowed down to about 20mph and we talked for a minute. He was a cool guy, said his truck was all stock. I was pretty happy after that, but I know if we would have started from 60mph or so with me in third I would have got him even better. For the price though, there very very fast trucks.

As soon as I read the first few lines I knew the L had to be stock.  Are you ready to buy a SRT-10 now? :P

Hell no. Its fun to drive, but illl take my ss anyday. :thumbs: As long as he keeps his so I can drive it once and a while. :jester:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
but I know if we would have started from 60mph or so with me in third I would have got him even better.  For the price though, there very very fast trucks.

At a 60mph stomp our trucks are pretty stout. My truck hits its sweet spot at 60mph. Iv'e got a friend with a 02'gt running 12.90's and i give him hell

@60. He still beats me, just not what you would think @ a roll, considering my truck weighed in @5000lbs with me in it.

but I know if we would have started from 60mph or so with me in third I would have got him even better.  For the price though, there very very fast trucks.

At a 60mph stomp our trucks are pretty stout. My truck hits its sweet spot at 60mph. Iv'e got a friend with a 02'gt running 12.90's and i give him hell

@60. He still beats me, just not what you would think @ a roll, considering my truck weighed in @5000lbs with me in it.

Race him from a 20-25mph roll. Thats the Lightnings sweet spot.

Race him from a 20-25mph roll. Thats the Lightnings sweet spot.

You sure you don't own a lightning?

Archived