Truck Got Hit Tonight....

Nscott

So my truck got hit tonight.... here's the story.

Went over to my buddy Mark's house. Working on quads and bullshitting in his garage. One of my "friends" is working on his, decides it's time for him and his girlfriend to leave. Drops everything right were he his, tools (that don't belong to him) all over the floor, and using Mark's oil for his oil change and not offering a damn dollar for it (pissed Mark off, but that's another story). We then have to push his pos that he left in the middle of the bay out and around back cause the thing wont start. He decided that he's to dirty to drive his tbss, and makes his girlfriend drive it so he can dirty hers and not his. the remainder of us go back in the garage and continue where we left off.

About 15 minns later, Mark's girlfriend gets a phone call and walks outside to take it. She comes back in and says "Lauren hit the SS...." I just stood there, I didn't know what to say, I thought she was joking. She said she was serious, and we grabbed some flash lights and went out side. I was expecting to see the whole side on my truck scrapped. It was just the cladding behind the rear wheel. Must of it buffed out, but It'll take some more work.

Here's the problem, they have no idea that i know it was them. Lauren has no idea Kristen (mark's girlfriend) told me. Kristen then also told me that TBSS "friend" told his girlfriend to keep her mouth shut.... I know the truck will buff out, but it's the principal and having the balls of saying something. What would you do?

-Neil

Wow!

First off I would B!#$% slap the "friend" for being an ass. Then I would slap him again for not telling you about it. Then I would confront the girlfriend and tell her she needs to find someone else to mess up her life. And with a repair bill in hand I would give it to them and say you can pay this or i'll call the police and report a hit and run with a witness statement the two of you were involved.

Just my .02

BTW you can drain the oil out of the quad and not tell him. Looks like he forgot to put oil in when he was working on it. LOL

I'd have a lot to say to "this friend". I'd probably end up kicking his @ss. People like this are lower than $hit. They have no respect for anything and never will learn the easy way. I'd talk to your budy. He doesn't need friends like that. People make mistakes but doing something like that and not wanting to say anything about it, just shows you the type of person they are. Guy is a :censor: loser

Wow, what a complete lack of respect...

Sorry to here dude but glad its hopefully gonna buff out

If it doesn't..... her father owns a respectable body shop. Might just have them spray the whole truck :ughdance:

I'm gonna play it off and see if he has the balls to confront me and tell me. I'll give it till tomorrow night before i flip a shit on him. I hope his bumper caught it just right and she drove to his house with hanging off, what a :jerk:

Let it be, then next summer when its REALLY hot put some baloney on his hood.

I was thinking more like hilty foam in his filler neck for the gas tank :coold:

I'm just going to confront him later today and see what he has to say. If he denies it, it's on.

I was thinking more like hilty foam in his filler neck for the gas tank :coold:

I'm just going to confront him later today and see what he has to say. If he denies it, it's on.

Wow people like that deserve what is coming to them. I'm sorry he's not a true friend. We all have those around. If he has a TBSS, is he a member of tbssowners.com or trailvoy.com? if so, blast him on there. He'd get a lot of SLACK from the members and humiliation at the same time.

Then, do the hilty foam! LOL

Wow people like that deserve what is coming to them. I'm sorry he's not a true friend. We all have those around. If he has a TBSS, is he a member of tbssowners.com or trailvoy.com? if so, blast him on there. He'd get a lot of SLACK from the members and humiliation at the same time.

Then, do the hilty foam! LOL

Hilty foam is my personal favorite, never had a reason to do it yet though lol!

He's not a member on any of those site, He's the kind of person that does an intake, muffler, tune and thinks its soooo fast! :shakehead:

I confronted him this afternoon about it about the many ignored phone calls and texts from him. He tried to make up some bullshit story saying he didnt find out till 1 am (this happend around 8pm) and that she wanted to drive his truck (yeah okkkk....). I said look, I know everything, stop trying to bullshit me, you knew within half an hour what had happend, and you told her not to say anything. He went silent, and then came back with "i don't know why your making such a big deal out of this, laurens father is going to fix mine and yours".... I had to explain countless times, it's not about the damage, it's about the common courtesy of being a human being and realized what happend and manning up to what happend. He finally got it and understood what i was saying :banghead:

I'm still pissed at him. I'll be taking the truck down this week to get it looked at since i could get some of it to buff out, I plan on using this to my advantage and getting other body work that i've been wanting for awhile :fingersx:

SOOO today i find out that he was planning on saying that it happend when Kristen, Lauren and Mark take the SS to get some ice cream and put the blame on Kristen because she drove it. :noway: WOW! He's cut off :nonod::jerk: I guess i ruined that plan when i said i already knew everything...

Edited by 03Blackout (see edit history)

SOOO today i find out that he was planning on saying that it happend when Kristen, Lauren and Mark take the SS to get some ice cream and put the blame on Kristen because she drove it. :noway: WOW! He's cut off :nonod::jerk: I guess i ruined that plan when i said i already knew everything...

Ok, I work in this industry - investigating accidents.

I would HIGHLY recommend you take pics of your truck, his truck - with measurements if possible. I doubt you can get his with his willingness so you might have to be sneaky about it ....hell you might even try to put the two vehicles as close together if possible to show the damaged area is the same height.

Then take a picture of his tag and vin.

In the event he doesn't hold up the deal and then gets his truck fixed before any pics are done...then claims he was never involved. No way to prove it at that point. You get screwed. :(

I'm a cynical person and this happens quite often. I'm a very CYA kind of person. If you have any questions, PM me.....

i am kinda in the same boat as you brother, I let my chick friend barrow the chevy (i know, i know) and she went to the fair and when she went to wash it for me she found out that someone in a truck backed out and crushed my passenger side back door..... she was really upset about it but i can be mad bc it wasnt my falt but if i did the damage that they did i would have left some info!!!