Transfer Case Noise

I am getting a constant noise in four wheel drive. It is a rotational gear noise that increases with speed. Did a little looking online a found bulletin: PIP3480M for vehicle made from 1/1/04 to 3/6/06 have to do with noise coming from the transfer case because lack of pressure since there were parts used that were not pressed. If they reflash the transfer case would that reflash the entire computer? Any thoughts on this bulletin? Anyone else hear of this? Just hoping that I don't need to pay $1800 to $1900 for a new trasfer case.

That sounds like a strange problem.... Did you try changing the transfer case fluid? See if the fluid in it looks ok or not and refill with new fluid. If its making a gear sound I doubt reflashing anything will help unless somehow the computer isn't engaging 4x4 all the way? I wouldn't have it flashed at the dealer because you never know if they are going to flash the entire computer or not. If they just flash the Body Control Module the main computer shouldn't be touched. Those are just my random ideas.