Custom Gauge Mounting Location Pics?

Jordan836

Im going to be getting an aeroforce interceptor in the next couple weeks, just one for now and Im trying to decide where to mount it. I dont really want to mount it on the pillar just because its the only gauge I have right now and i think having just one gauge will look strange so I was thinking about mounting it on the dash somewhere either put it where the SS emblem is on the far side of the dash but I would like to keep the SS emblem there so I was thinking of removing the passenger air bad key switch and the one blank block and cutting out the peice of plastic below that space and get some plastic to fill the hold and just put the hole for the gauge in the plastic. My other thought was to put it in the top cubby in the console I actually use the bottom one to put stuff in so I would prefer to put it in the top one. Ive got a full machine shop right on the other side of the wall at work so making a custom plate wont be a problem, im just trying to get an idea of where to mount it! I did some searching on here but couldnt find to much so if anyone has pictures of their gauges mounted in the truck post up some pictures! Im open to any ideas!

I was contemplating putting it on the steering column, but I would actually kind of prefer to put it somewhere on the dash or in the console that way I can just look over at it instead of straight down

I was contemplating putting it on the steering column, but I would actually kind of prefer to put it somewhere on the dash or in the console that way I can just look over at it instead of straight down

what about above the guages on the dash then its right in view no need too look down

Edited by bruiser04 (see edit history)

You could put it in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel, above the headlight/dome light controls.... Theres actually enough room for a guage and a switch or two depending on how you mount it (centered or to the top or bottom of the cubby), good luck and post pics when you get it done!

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant using Tapatalk

Ya i was thinking about putting it in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel but I was thinking it might be a little hard to see. Im trying to think of a way to put it in the top cubby in the console and make it look clean. Ive got some fiberglass and resin at the house so I was almost thinking of closing in the cubby and making it look like one surface then using a little bondo to make it smooth then paint it and then just cut a hole for the gauge. Im just thinking that might be alot of work. Then I was also thinking about putting it about the stock gauges themselves but im just not sure how I would mount it! But im open to any ideas so keep them coming!!

I am a fan of the SoCal Diesel kit, that allows you to mount gauges in the over-head console (like in ShakesVHO pic above). Of course if you have the means you could fabricate something similar...

Mr. P. :)

Ya I love the way it looks int he over head console and I woulc easily make a plate to go in there to mount the gauge, I was looking at the gauge pod that ShakesVHO has but they were pretty pricey. How much of a pain in the a$$ would it be to run wires up to the over head console? How do I get the console it self and how do I get the wires up there??