Another Differential Problem

I have recently noticed that i have a vibration and a fluttering noise under light acceleration or load... I decided to check and change my fluid..

(not sure my terminology is right but help me out if it doesnt make sense)

I crawled under and noticed there was fluid that had been slung around where the passenger axle shaft connected to the housing. I then pulled the drain plug and drained the fluid. The plug only had minor shavings, no chunks were found. The oil looked ok, used, but ok. There was virtually no metal in the fluid either. I replaced the fluid with Royal Purple 75w-90 and went for a test drive. It seemed that the vibration and noise seemed slightly better but no real difference was made.

Any thoughts? Whats my next step?

When you reverse the truck with the wheel at full lock do you get a 'clunk' or bound-up feeling? If so then the culprit is the front CV joint. Could also be one of the wheel hubs. Failing differentials generally make a noise (groan or howl) but not a vibration; vibration means you've got a bearing going bad somewhere, and you would probably need electronic ears to pinpoint just exactly where the vibration is coming from.

Mr. P.

I went out and checked for play in the cv joints but they felt solid... And for another possible symptom since i've had the issue i feel like when i turn my tires sound like they are slipping on the pavement.. i guess this could be giving me my bound up feeling im getting... and also i noticed that if i turn at certain speeds i get a very slight whine or groan.

Put my truck up on jack stands and put it in gear and used a stethiscope to locate the problem. It turns out that it is coming from the Inner axle shaft bearing. Was gonna pick one up at orielly's but i was told i needed a number off the bearing and seal... Anyone know what the part number is on this bearing?