Something Doesn'T Look Right

The_aSSet

I didn't trim one "nub" off my rear bump stop when switching out the shackles. They rested right on the axle, terrible ride quality. Trimmed that nub last month, improved ride quality a lot. Gonna do my fronts next.

Edited by Bad aSS Silvy (see edit history)

I didn't trim one "nub" off my rear bump stop when switching out the shackles. They rested right on the axle, terrible ride quality. Trimmed that nub last month, improved ride quality a lot. Gonna do my fronts next.

The front bump stops (jounce bumper) should be bearlly touching the bottom . the rear ones should have a big gap between the rear axle for travel . remove the bracket to give more travel .

the fronts work as part of the torsion suspension they do not work the same as a bump stop on a coil spring suspension ...

• 2 weeks later...

Ya jack the truck up and trim one nub off the front mine are the same way at the moment fron when i dropped my truck Check your rears too if you havent cut them yet either I just have 2in drop shackles on the back for now and I cut one nub off and they were just barley off the axle so I just removed the mount that the rear bump stops are mounted too, all the mounting holes are already on the frame to mount the bump stops! So id reccomend just mounting the bump stops to the frame in the rear that way you never have to worry about them!