whats up in kansas?

detjoe

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think he was talking about Matt's truck. Brent's tranny is pretty built...

It is more likely a tuning issue that a problem with the STS kit. I know the STS guys were planning on attending the show, so if it was an STS problem, it won't be for long.

Sorry to hear Brent and Matt broke :shakehead:

I wouldn't think it was the STS, ssblackss is still running great. I guess we'll all be waiting to see what the dealer has to say.

Talked to Joe today,somebody is calling OnStar to have his trucked towed.....want guess who it is or should I just tell you?

Sheri

well...it MustBeBrent.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

all back of the bus and shit.... :jester:

with brents truck, might not be able to pin point what cause the "problem"...sheri is right though, brents tranny is well built and solid...the sts kit was fine. as said, ssblackss was running great...

it was matt's trans that broke. we got it up and running the next day. it broke the input shaft which is a hardened piece for the 4L65E trans. it never slipped or gave otherwise, just spraying off the line and all the way through killed it. this was his first track pass out since the upgraded clutches and band were installed. sound like the trailblazer torque converter held up just fine, but isn't a high enough stall to cushion the hard shifts. he did a burnout before staging with it, pulled a 1.75 (if i recall correctly) 60' time while spinning, ran it through first, into second and the 2-3 shift broke the input shaft at the drum still coasting after only going through first and second to a a 13.6 which was ahead of even the second fastest truck there. brents trans is built pretty well that's deffinitly true as joe has taken care of that, but he's not really stressing it very hard yet as he has to work on the tune for the sts kit. there's alot of drivetrain stress difference between a 13.7 pass and a 12.4 pass.... joe, it was nice to have met you btw, thanx for letting us use the trans jack to get matt back together. it was a fun adventure overall and next time at another meet or something we'll chat again over some drinks. so, how about some commentary and pictures guys... :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Matt - just had to make "one more run" at the track, didn't you? :D:jester:

Glad your on the road again. I was impressed with everyone helping out... break a tranny one night and have it running again in less than a day.

It was so cool to meet all of you and put faces to screen names then to real names oh so confusing. Well we all had fun I think the guys that had issues still enjoyed themselves somewhat... Thanks So much to Bob (BSER) for hosting the hole shooting match at his shop. Supplying the food and drink and a great BBQ. Brent did manage to get home and I followed him back as far as Dallas at 75MPH just to baby the engine.

Dave from STS was on hand to answer questions on the STS kit but unfortunately was put to work to return Brents truck to stock form, and between them did a good job in relatively short time, with help from Bob's used exhaust parts...We may not see him at any more SS meets I think he will be affraid he will be put back to work :lol:

Thanks all for a great time

Jonathan

Yeah, Dave is awesome. I really feel like I made a friend out there rather than a vendor. When I call him, we still spend more time talking about water skiing and fast cars than business...

Hey Ben, hows that bullet lookin? I was talking to my wife this weekend about the truck (while she talked to me about her new haircut -- I wish I had taped the conversation :D ) and she said: "Oh, just pull the motor and be done with it." :chevy:

She is a very understanding woman. I'd have probably killed me by now.

Yeah, Dave is awesome.  I really feel like I made a friend out there rather than a vendor.  When I call him, we still spend more time talking about water skiing and fast cars than business...

Hey Ben, hows that bullet lookin?  I was talking to my wife this weekend about the truck (while she talked to me about her new haircut -- I wish I had taped the conversation  :D ) and she said: "Oh, just pull the motor and be done with it."  :chevy:

She is a very understanding woman.  I'd have probably killed me by now.

You better keep her. :thumbs:

I'm only in town for today and leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks, so my motor won't even be in, much less the turbo.

I've decided to put the motor in, get it good and broke in, then strap on the STS kit. It came in Thursday. So may be a month, or so, before I put in the turbo.

Yeah, Dave is awesome.  I really feel like I made a friend out there rather than a vendor.  When I call him, we still spend more time talking about water skiing and fast cars than business...

Hey Ben, hows that bullet lookin?  I was talking to my wife this weekend about the truck (while she talked to me about her new haircut -- I wish I had taped the conversation  :D ) and she said: "Oh, just pull the motor and be done with it."  :chevy:

She is a very understanding woman.  I'd have probably killed me by now.

You better keep her. :thumbs:

I'm only in town for today and leaving tomorrow for 2 weeks, so my motor won't even be in, much less the turbo.

I've decided to put the motor in, get it good and broke in, then strap on the STS kit. It came in Thursday. So may be a month, or so, before I put in the turbo.

Yep, she's a keeper ;)

I think you've got a good plan on the install. I know since I heard the spool music, it has been very difficult to keep my foot away from the magic switch... It would be very tough to do a good break in under these conditions :)

Plus, by that time the new piping will be done (probably) and you'll only have to install that part once.

Archived