Washing Your Truck During The Winter Months.

..all I have to do is pull my truck into a bay at the FD.....we have floor drains and a hot water tap right off the hot water heater. :ninja:

You're so spoiled. :jester:

Like Dan says, get the little foam igloo spigot cover thing from the hardware store.

What I do personally is wash the truck inside the garage - crack the door an inch to let the water run out and use a good hose & spray nozzle or even better the Mr. Clean filtered nozzle. With the Mr. Clean I use very little water and never have a problem with overspraying water onto anything else in the garage.

I hate all automated car washes - the 'hanging curtain' and 'rotating brush' ones just f-up your paint, and the touchless ones not only don't get the vehicle clean but they also never rinse off the soap, the truck looks just as dirty coming out as it does going in because it's coated in soap film.

Mr. P.

Well remind me to slap the shit out of a friend of mine. He recommended a car wash to me that he said he has never had any issue with and never messed up his paint....well now I got small little nicks on my truck. I should've listen to my gut and never bothered with it but no I had to listen to him. So pissM16.gifM16.gifM16.gif

I wonder how much a respray of the truck would cost. Probably not even worth it. I need a drink mad.gif

Granted the truck does need a paint job but I didn't need anything to speed up the damn processes.

Edited by 05on20's (see edit history)