Outlaw Intakes

hey guys. ive been having to use my SSS for work lately, and its got alot of miles put on recently. i went to check the air filter and its very dirty. i have an outlaw CAI that ive had since they were prime and in business, as i used to sell them. what i had been doing since they went under is just nabbing replacement filters from the pile of outlaw stuff i have left over from selling them. but im out of them! :banghead: i have always just thrown dry-type filters out when they got dirty, but i swear i remember some people cleaning them and some manufactorers having cleaning kits for "dry" filters.

what do you all do for cleaning dry filters? and out of curiousity, does anyone still use the outlaw CAI???

If you are going to 'wash' the filter out anyways, you just may as well replace it with a K&N (or similar)!

I would bet that one of the other CAI manufacturers uses the same filter element, or one that dimensionally will fit inside the Outlaw housing.

Mr. P. :)

If you are going to 'wash' the filter out anyways, you just may as well replace it with a K&N (or similar)!

I would bet that one of the other CAI manufacturers uses the same filter element, or one that dimensionally will fit inside the Outlaw housing.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid:

Mr. John I have a AEM CAI and I replaced my filter with a K&N cone filter works great brother

I was looking for stock oem replacement filters at the amsoil website and came across a nice nanofiber dry filter.

They also had nanofiber intake systems which were made by Injen, not sure if you can just buy the conical filter itself but it is a dry element filter. I do not know how this "nanofiber" technology is though for better or worse......

http://www.amsoil.co...code=PF7050P-EA

The part number for 2006 SS is PF7050P

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

thanks for all the replies :) i cant seem to find the dry filter cleaning stuff anywhere! i just went ahead and used the regular K&N cleaning stuff and obviously didnt oil it after i let it dry. it seemed to have cleaned up ok, although it was rather hard to get all the soapy stuff out of the filter :(

using an aftermarket filter will not work, for those of you that arent familar with the outlaw. the filter has screws on it that actually attatch a rubber "bib" that will act as the seal between the engine bay and the airbox. so if i use an aftermarket filter with similar dimensions, i would be leaving a gaping hole open in the front of the box into the engine bay. that would defeat the purpose of an airbox all together lol :banghead: so it looks like im either stuck with the half-ass cleaned dry filter with outlaw or i have to buy a new intake... dammit :(

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

I was looking for stock oem replacement filters at the amsoil website and came across a nice nanofiber dry filter.

They also had nanofiber intake systems which were made by Injen, not sure if you can just buy the conical filter itself but it is a dry element filter. I do not know how this "nanofiber" technology is though for better or worse......

http://www.amsoil.co...code=PF7050P-EA

The part number for 2006 SS is PF7050P

that stuff looks pretty good... i am running one of those on the STi. seems to work nice.