What Bolt Ons?

buncy75

hey guys i was gonna start gettin some more stuff for the ol ss. already have k&n cai, obx headers no cats maganflow. wheatly tune. wanted opinions ideas on other smple bolt on stuff. thinkin 160 stat, underdrive pulley, e-fans, wanted to know what would be good bang for the buck ya know. any and all input would be great!

ya i would like to do that. now correct me if i;'m wrong and maybe this is just a myth buti've heard before that if your tranny has never really been serviced that you should leave it because if you go nd change the fluid the new would break up tarnish and what not and you could smoke the tranny. my truck got 114,000 on the tranny. motor only has 35,000 motor blew up last year got a nice one outta a wrecked 04 escalasde. now if that all is just bs. i'll probablly definetly do the stall shift kit servos and boost valve. o i was wonderin if i took my heads off my other motor and had them worked on it it would be worth irt. ya know port polish that sorta thing. i eventually wanna build a 408 or somethin with my old motor. its still rebuildable. didn't sieze or put a rod through it. pretty sure it just tore a bearing out lost oil pressure and knocks like an sob.

ya i would like to do that. now correct me if i;'m wrong and maybe this is just a myth buti've heard before that if your tranny has never really been serviced that you should leave it because if you go nd change the fluid the new would break up tarnish and what not and you could smoke the tranny. my truck got 114,000 on the tranny. motor only has 35,000 motor blew up last year got a nice one outta a wrecked 04 escalasde. now if that all is just bs. i'll probablly definetly do the stall shift kit servos and boost valve. o i was wonderin if i took my heads off my other motor and had them worked on it it would be worth irt. ya know port polish that sorta thing. i eventually wanna build a 408 or somethin with my old motor. its still rebuildable. didn't sieze or put a rod through it. pretty sure it just tore a bearing out lost oil pressure and knocks like an sob.

Go grab your vehicles history from your dealership (if you did not buy it privately) and see what maintenance has been done to your transmission. If it has never been serviced I would have it done considering they recomend it at 100k for non-severe weather, and with you location I would be strict on maintenance. I did my first tranny flush at 51k (like sick03ss) and will probably do it again around 120 (depending on how much it is stored).

If your truck has 114k and has never had the pan dropped or a drop of fluid flushed, I would leave it alone IMO......flushing it would do more harm then good. Any original 4L60/65E that has over 100k, the owner definitely got their money's worth.....

what stall speen would be good? i have obx headers and no cats magnaflow catback. k&n cai, wheatley tune. the truck is noe my daily persay. i own a farm and its opnly 1000 ft from my house always use my gmc for all work stuff. ss is is for fun. runnin to town going to the gym. i want more erfformance than anything but i want good driveability. how would 2200 rpm do? or 3000? thats the two choices form the site i was lookin at. well not the only two they have them up to 4400 i think. my future plans are possible supercharger or a stroker. with eother option i will get a built 4l80 so what ever will work best in this now in the current setup. their isn't much more big performance mods i can do ya know. probablly do a 160 stat. o i was thinkin maybe a cam at some point that would be the biggest thing i would do till i build a motor.