Loose Converter...?

12'SROCK

I was messing around the other day and did a little 40-100 MPH WOT run (with my phone because my camera is broken mecry.gif). Disregard the low oil pressure warning, I need a new oil pressure sensor . I am thinking of sending it back to PI and have it inspected. Seems to me like is a little too loose. My shift extensions are ~450 and I am shifting at 6500 RPMs.... What do you guys think? Too loose for a 3800-4000?

http://www.streetfire.net/video/40100mph3gp_2184029.htm

im aving a similar issue with my yank . but im getting hot really fast . i can stall up to 3200 without the truck moving. i am getting about the same amount of rpm drop but i did get my first kill 2006 srt regular cab from 70-110 i had at least 10 truck giving him a 4 car jump.

good to see you still have the truck art . try and keep it that way

Has this converter always acted this way? I would think that even with a high stall converter like yours, you would have shift recoveries in the area of 1000-1500rpm. Does it feel like it's slipping at all?

At first it was only dropping about ~900 RPMs when I got it. After the first 2 1/8th mile passes I did is when I noticed it a little looser. I did not see any increase in transmission temps either. I really doesnt feel like its slipping but then at a certain point it does. It is hard to explain and easy when you actually drive the truck to feel what I am talking about.

Here is a video of the TC like a week or 2 after I got it back from PI...... Thats when the shift extensions were around ~950 RPMs or so

http://www.streetfire.net/video/new-vig-3600-stall-converter_726080.htm

Edited by WICKEDOWESIX (see edit history)

im aving a similar issue with my yank . but im getting hot really fast . i can stall up to 3200 without the truck moving. i am getting about the same amount of rpm drop but i did get my first kill 2006 srt regular cab from 70-110 i had at least 10 truck giving him a 4 car jump.

good to see you still have the truck art . try and keep it that way

What series Yank do you have chase? Nice kill BTW!

would a failing rear end give you the same feel as a converter/trans issue?

Not usually......a failing rear would give you signs with some sort of noise, whether it be a chatter, grind, a whine, or some sort of bearing noise.......