Speedometer

Jesse 05ss

I was driving down the road today and noticed my speed said 60 and was no were near doing 60 I slowed down it wouldn't even move down at all now its stuck way down by the d and 3 and will not move any direction at all any one know what's wrong

Another option you have is to have the GM dealer replace the cluster. There is a settlement from GM to replace these for the same reason as yours if the truck is less than 7 years old with less than 80000 miles. I jsut had my whole cluster replaced last week for free for the exact same thing yours is doing.

Ok thanks for the help. Ya my ss is an 05 with less than 60000 miles and this is my first problem I have ever had with it besides a leaking windshield washer tank. Thanks again I will get it to the shop Monday morning

• 2 weeks later...

I am highly pissed with GM I went to get my speedometer fixed and they told me mind dose not qualify to be fixed I called GM head quarters and took it up with the district manager and all they keep saying is sorry we cant help you. To me this shows That GM dose not care about there costumers. I will not pay to get a gm screw up fixed. So it looks like I will probably be getting rid of my SS. I told them at gm head quarters that because they wont fix a gm problem I will take my money else were and buy a ford or a dodge. I all ready have a 2010 F150 XLT lined up for under 27000. I love my SS very much and only have 6500 left to pay on it and its mind but I refuse and will never pay for a screw up with any car company

So for less then 35 bucks and someone on here to fix the speedometer, your selling the truck???? Also you can't sell it with the broken speedometer so you got to fix it.. Oh well good luck with other vehicle!!pepsicheer.gif

iamwithstupid.gif

Its a cheap and easy fix. Some retailers suck but that no reason to give up the SS. Plus look at it this way...they have already made their money when that truck left the lot years ago. Do it yourself and swap out the lights for LEDs while your in there...it'll be fun!cheers.gif

I would not know what I was doing or even how to replace the part with the way my luck always works I would end up braking more stuff or get it apart and never get it back together again. Plus far as i know no other SS owner lives close to me at all i haven't seen another SS in like 8 months I would love to fix it and keep it i had big plans for it soon as it was paid off . If i could fix it that cheep id keep it. Chevy was trying to screw me they wanted me to pay to have a guy test drive it to find out what was wrong and then said the part to fix it if it was what he thought would be over 500 bucks just for the part and that was not including installing it.

I would not know what I was doing or even how to replace the part with the way my luck always works I would end up braking more stuff or get it apart and never get it back together again. Plus far as i know no other SS owner lives close to me at all i haven't seen another SS in like 8 months I would love to fix it and keep it i had big plans for it soon as it was paid off . If i could fix it that cheep id keep it. Chevy was trying to screw me they wanted me to pay to have a guy test drive it to find out what was wrong and then said the part to fix it if it was what he thought would be over 500 bucks just for the part and that was not including installing it.

All the stepper motors cost about $40 of ebay. I do this on the side. I can do it for you this time for $100 if you want to send it to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have to recalibrate the cluster.? Mine started doing it this weekend.

Turn your needles all the way to the left until they stop. Mark exactly where your needle is. When you replace the stepper motor put the needle straight up then move the needle to the left until you are exactly at your mark.