Tunning Issue?

built04SS

Ok im confused i have ported and polised 317s cam and the victor jr intake setup with 42 lb injectors amd long tube headers with 3 inch exhaust all the way back with hp tuners and it wont run but a 1320 can some one help me i think i have a bad tunner..... i am abt to switch to a set of decked 799si

Ok im confused i have ported and polised 317s cam and the victor jr intake setup with 42 lb injectors amd long tube headers with 3 inch exhaust all the way back with hp tuners and it wont run but a 1320 can some one help me i think i have a bad tunner..... i am abt to switch to a set of decked 799si

you mean a 13.20 at the track....whats wrong with that? Are you stock cubed, if so thats the second fastest stock cube NA time for a SSS to run. This is also the set up i'm running.

What elbow for the vic intake

what TB for the elbow

whats your DA when you ran this time

what cam

what headers, size

who ported the heads

what cc are the heads

you didn't say stall?

whats your CR

single 3" or dual 3"

weight of truck, full street trim, sub box, ect.

rim type and size

tire size

have you dyno'd, what numbers, where is your peak

what is your shift point

who is your tuner

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Ok i have a lowprofile edelbroke elbow, have a stock throttle boddy for now i have a 90 in the closet for it, da?, have longtube pacesetter headers not sure the size, napa ported the heads, not sure of the cc of them thats y i wantto put a new set on, no stall for now will jave it with the new built tranny nxt month, cr?, and its tru dual 3 inch with x pipe and single chamber flowmasters, now speaker boxes or anything like that, had 20 inch joe gibs wheels whe- i ran that time with stock tire size, and no have not dynoed the truck dnt know where an awd dyno is shift point is at 6200 and ive been hearing bad things aboit my tunner and the cam is a 222/226 with 597/598lift with a 113 lobe seperation

Ok i have a lowprofile edelbroke elbow, have a stock throttle boddy for now i have a 90 in the closet for it, da?, have longtube pacesetter headers not sure the size, napa ported the heads, not sure of the cc of them thats y i wantto put a new set on, no stall for now will jave it with the new built tranny nxt month, cr?, and its tru dual 3 inch with x pipe and single chamber flowmasters, now speaker boxes or anything like that, had 20 inch joe gibs wheels whe- i ran that time with stock tire size, and no have not dynoed the truck dnt know where an awd dyno is shift point is at 6200 and ive been hearing bad things about my tuner and the cam is a 222/226 with 597/598lift with a 113 lobe separation

on stock cubes with those mods.......i'd be VERY happy...you've got potential coming out your trucks a$$

Get rid of the edelbrock elbow and go to a custom one. I have heard the radius is too great on the edelbrock elbows and kills flow into the intake, http://intakeelbows.com/

get the new elbow in a 4 bolt flange so you can run the 4 bolt 90mm tb, this should help a lot. vette one if you have it but the tbss one works untill you get higher up in the HP range. Turns out you can suck the tbss tb closed at high rpm. this will require an x-link. http://www.torquerush.com/Purchase.html

DA is the air conditions you had and the elevation you ran at. Give me the track name, date and time of run and i can help out. Higher the DA the worse your ET will be. http://www.dragtimes.com/da-density-altitude-calculator.php?temperature=46.9&rh=86&altset=29.95&elevation=626&track=226&month=10&day=9&year=2009&time=3:53 PM

I always recommend going with a company that puts time into cnc port programs. This way every head is ported and the checked for cfm and dyno tested(depending on the company) to see what their program did. If its good they save the program and then every head comes out the same every time(with in reason). Hand porting can be done at the end just to clean things up a bit and maybe break some edges. yeah you need to know your CC on the chambers so you know your compression ratio(cr). Based on your CR a cam can be picked to bring the dynamic CR(the cr figured in with the valve event/overlap) into the range you/builder would like. typically 8.9:1 if i remember right. but its just a guide line not a rule

DAMN 13.2 on stock converter...on stock CI......thats faster then i ever could have been. odds are a 3000-3200 would fit that cam great but the short runners of the vic intake are great for high end HP...bad for low stall rates.

duration on the cam seems a bit low, but i bet its a great street cam and brings the power on good. the 113 is pretty good as well based on the duration. If you go larger with the duration you may want to bring the lsa down to keep the power in a more usable rpm range.

what rpm do you cross the line at? this is were tire size comes in

i'm not sure were your going to peak with that cam but the short runner vic intake will cause you to shift a bit higher. a 6500 shift point maybe better but its hard to tell with out a dyno run.

you can pull the front shaft for a dyno run, but do not drive without it. When the truck finishes the pull and the rollers are slowing you down, shift to neutral.

what ever your doing keep doing it, that time is great. almost unbelievable for your mods :dunno:

of coarse all this is just my small opinion and in no way represents the views of this forum or its members

why does it say "408 stroker built trans with 3200 stall" in your mods on your home page? future mods?

and if you post your ET in our track times post you can get on the list. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/2857-list-of-track-times-for-silverado-sss/

I pulled the 408 out its sitting inmy garage.... but im gonna change heads and the comp ratio withthe heads i have now is like 9 1/2 pretty low so ik gonna put a ser of shaved 799s on and do my new elbow trans and stuff but i need to find a new tunner and also i tried the front shaft thing...... teuck wouldnt move but anyhelp would be great

I would like to see the slip, MPH ,60' times, 300ft??

I know what a stock converter wont do :) and that a sub 2.0 60' tried and was surprized that after I cnaged the cam I was running the exact same time, same 60...pulled better up top but nowhere near what I would need to run faster than I am now.

Brad is the man when it comes to putting down a sick time with a very simple build, so I take what he is saying for alot...

Correct converter and transmission build (and updated tune) will put the truck into the high-12s IMO. I don't know of any other N/A truck with stock LQ9 short-block running that fast. :dunno: A lot of Radix efforts struggle to go that fast.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I don't know of any other N/A truck with stock LQ9 short-block running that fast. :dunno: A lot of Radix efforts struggle to go that fast.

Mr. P. :)

12.59 has been done

13.2x was ss_muscle_truck

Ok but what abt when i do the 799 heads and converter and tranny and new tb and stuff who can tune it im tired of spnding money on tunning amd it suck the truck constantly spark knocks amd runs rich i jist need someone who know what the hell there doing with a Sss its just agravating

zippy is the only one that tunes my truck. Not to say the other tuners are bad, i just trust him and have seen his customer service go WAY above and beyond. In all the mods i have done, he's never sent me a tune that wouldn't run good, a couple of small tweaks here and there, but his mail order tunes are great. Should you want to take a trip to AZ he can tune it in person. Here is his number, text him that you are interested in a tune and when he is done working for the day he should get back to you.

1-231-638-1981

other options would be Black bear tuning-Justin. He does travel so keep a look out and he may be coming to an area near you sometime and you can get it tuned in person. Not sure on his screen name, but i think Jenna bear is the screen name you could PM to see what his travel plans are. Or click on his banner on the left side of your screen

another option is Wheatley tuning. He is also one of the site favorites, im sure he does in person tuning but i'm not sure were he is from, but mail order is what i hear about the most. He is on this site as Wheatley i think so pm him, or click on his banner on the left side of the screen.

Im woundering if when i do my tranny maybe i could replace the couplar in my trans case so i can dyno tune it with the front shaft out just not sure how many pulls i could get out of that

Ok peps made a mistake i got my truck back yesterday from finishing painting it and fnd my sss time slips and the pass without the bag system on it it ran a 15.46 ill post pics of it later but isnt that turd slow for my mods