Tunning Issue?

built04SS

Ok peps made a mistake i got my truck back yesterday from finishing painting it and fnd my sss time slips and the pass without the bag system on it it ran a 15.46 ill post pics of it later but isnt that turd slow for my mods

yeah...that makes a lot more sense.....and then it doesn't because you went from exceptionally fast to impressively slow.....

Get a converter in it because that vic intake doesn't like bottom end power

be mindful of heat soak when racing, the vic intake loves to suck up hp by retaining heat

for gods sake text zippy and have him tune your truck.....pay the money, once...and be happy with a good tuner that has forgot more then i will ever know

get the napa heads off that thing and either have them ported a good ls1 shop or buy a pair of ported heads from a good ls1 shop. I prefer TEA, http://www.totalengineairflow.com/

depending on your goals....your cam is a tad small for real NA hp. However it should be a pretty good cam for a reasonable stall speed and street driving.

Yeah its a daily driver amd im taking the heads off nxt week and putting a set of 243s on it shaved 20,000 and doing the tranny amd converter and the 90 mm swap im seriously thinking abt taking the victor jr off amd just doing a e fan swap amd a ls6 intake bc i think the intake is killing me big time

Yeah its a daily driver amd im taking the heads off nxt week and putting a set of 243s on it shaved 20,000 and doing the tranny amd converter and the 90 mm swap im seriously thinking abt taking the victor jr off amd just doing a e fan swap amd a ls6 intake bc i think the intake is killing me big time

are the 243 ported? are you saying some one decked them .020? .020 is about 4cc give or take so your putting on a 60cc head? you know thats like 11.8:1 ish? gonna run strong if you can tune it good enough.

if your doing the converter you need to fit it to your set up. Your victor intake isn't killing you.....the fact that your set up isn't matched is killing you. Run a 3200-3600 stall with that cam and a victor intake and tell me how things work. The key is a matched set up, the set up just depends on what kind of truck you want. Your everyday use or if its weekend use all plays into what you "can" do to it and then what your goal is based on what you decide you "can" do to it, or live with. if you want a 12 second na truck, forget about towing a good mpg, it if you want a mid 13 second na truck it gets more streetable and more useable as a "truck"...not a race car.

So before you start to blame certain parts of your set up, you need to set a goal for ET and then decide what parts will get you that ET and what those parts will do to drivablity of your truck. ls6 intake: better low end torque and will take less converter to get it going. this means better for towing, better mpg, better street driving and maybe even easier to tune. The victor intake: more hp, if you match parts faster ETs, will require more converter, will require higher shift points, heat soaks real bad so you need to let the truck cool and not hot lap it.

plan, plan, plan

Well i got the 243 for free but they had a tiney nick on the surface of it so it was gonna take abt .20 to get it out and i do a lot of towing with the truck. Amd they guy that does my converters locally gets all ur specs and sets up the converter that way. So im guessing with all the info im getting ill go with the ls6 intake , 243s, and stuff since its a DD and i do tow with it but dnt take it to the track that much just play in the street

IMHO, with those decked 243's, you will be running too high of compression for a DD with towing needs. Not sure what your cam specs are however calculate your DCR and post it up. Your SCR (like sniper stated) is well over 11.5:1 which is really pushing the limit of pump gas for a DD (IMO of course). They will sure make power if your supporting mods are in place though!

cam is a 222/226 with 597/598lift with a 113 lobe seperation

IMHO, with those decked 243's, you will be running too high of compression for a DD with towing needs. Not sure what your cam specs are however calculate your DCR and post it up. Your SCR (like sniper stated) is well over 11.5:1 which is really pushing the limit of pump gas for a DD (IMO of course). They will sure make power if your supporting mods are in place though!

Kevin, he never posted the valve events, but i'm guess its not enough over lap to bleed that amount of compression.

Is it bad for towing every now and then .... im just tring to get all my shit straight bc the guy that hlpes me bf really didnt hlp me and i got all this mixed match shit on my truck... im abt to do it one more time and i dnt want to touch it again so yall are hlping pretty good i just wanna make sure everything is good bf i go on