My Truck Just Got Hit!

BlueAKSSS

I went to some shops earlier and got some quick quotes just to see what it will cost roughly and probably the best shop up here that does outstanding work as in you could never tell it was repainted, quoted $761 to repair and paint. Another place I've worked with before thats somewhat new quoted $350 which seems like a great deal and they do pretty good work. The only other place I would trust taking it too would be Alaska Sales and Service GM because they have a very good reputable body shop I'm guessing they would charge $500.

that sucks bro I always park so far away from everything and some lady driving a 3500hd dully decided a entire parking lot wasnt enough room to park and pulled right into the ss and when she hit it she didnt stop and back up she just pulled right on through

Well to my surprise today I got a call from the ladys insureance, they took a recorded statement and said I could take it anywhere I want and have an estimate done and send it into them. So I went to Anchorage Body and Frame, they quoted to just replace the bumper with a new GM one and paint. The quote was $1009 so I sent it in. Sounds like everything will go though since I have a claim number and person to talk to from the insurance company. thumb.gif

I am glad everything is working out Matt.

Unfortunately A.S.S. has a very bad reputation with repairs. Customers of ours that went there always came back complaining about their work and unfortunately insurance carriers cannot control the repair quality of a shop chosen by a customers. The paint is usually the main issue - body shops guarantee their work for so long and generally their paint jobs apparently weren't up to par and would start chipping/fading/peeling a year or two after the repairs were done. By then the warranty was up. Just keep your eye out on who you have do your repairs.

Another point that can be made (I saw someone mention it earlier) is that when the insurance carrier of the other lady handles your claim there is no deductible applicable for that lady. A deductible only applies to damages to your own vehicle IF you have comprehensive or collision.

I am glad everything is working out Matt.

Unfortunately A.S.S. has a very bad reputation with repairs. Customers of ours that went there always came back complaining about their work and unfortunately insurance carriers cannot control the repair quality of a shop chosen by a customers. The paint is usually the main issue - body shops guarantee their work for so long and generally their paint jobs apparently weren't up to par and would start chipping/fading/peeling a year or two after the repairs were done. By then the warranty was up. Just keep your eye out on who you have do your repairs.

Another point that can be made (I saw someone mention it earlier) is that when the insurance carrier of the other lady handles your claim there is no deductible applicable for that lady. A deductible only applies to damages to your own vehicle IF you have comprehensive or collision.

Good to know about AK Sales, I definitely know what your talking about with some of the body shops up here and I'll be keeping an eye out on which one I choose. I'll have to see if the insurance calls me back this week since they said it would take a couple of business days to process the claim. I left a message with them after they closed for the weekend on Friday to call me back to see if they got the estimate. Hopefully they did.

Good to know about AK Sales, I definitely know what your talking about with some of the body shops up here and I'll be keeping an eye out on which one I choose. I'll have to see if the insurance calls me back this week since they said it would take a couple of business days to process the claim. I left a message with them after they closed for the weekend on Friday to call me back to see if they got the estimate. Hopefully they did.

I had my TB LTZ repaired at Able Body shop on Dowling - they did rear bumper, left q panel, left rear tail light assembly...excellent work.

I've also used Driven Auto Body for electrical work on my TBSS.....Very good customer service at both places!!!

Check them out....