My Truck Just Got Hit!

BlueAKSSS

Well I was at the dentist and I was parked straight in, right in a spot, and as I'm walking out I notice a Ford Taurus backing up slowly and I noticed it was really close to my truck and sure enough ka-bang they back right into my back bumper! eek6.gif So I walk over and its an old lady I got her address and phone number and name and she says she is going to turn in a claim to her insurance and contact me? I also gave her my name, number, ect. Luckily it didn't do too much damage just hit the rear bumper, the paint got a 1x2" scratch and the area around it 6x6" looks like the clear is scratched and flat.

DSC_0010_cropMedium-1.jpg

As you can see there where some tiny other fine scratchs back there from use but that's to be expected not big chips and a large clear discoloration.

What do you guys thinK?

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

I think you (she) got off light; at least the damage is just paint scuffing on the rear bumper. The body shop will unbolt the whole bumper & sand & fill & repaint, total will be between $375 and $500 depending on shop it goes to, that will most likely be under her deductible!

Mr. P. :)

Sorry Matt, that's a typical L.A. move and then drive off. Luckily you were out there and caught her, sure she would of probably driven off too. I agree with Mr. P, same damage and situation happened to my old SS and I was quoted 475. The paint shop said he was going high too so I could get some extra cash for my troubles. The worst feeling too is watching and estimating its gonna happen and it does, its like time stands still then you get that sick feeling then anger, at least I do. Good luck!

Sorry to hear the news, at least the damage isn't too bad....

Mr. P. is right on with his estimate to fix the damage, this little beauty cost a co-worker of mine at the time about $450 to fix.....

2.jpg

Thanks guys at least it's not really damaged at all just paint, I'm not really mad about it, just annoying and another thing I have to fix. I did not look at the lady's drivers license or get an insurance policy number, but got her phone #, address, and name and she seemed honest so I'll hope for the best. Your guys price sounds right. If the insurance doesn't work or something I'll just paint it in my dads paint booth where we painted my 69' C10.

Mr. P. is right on with his estimate to fix the damage, this little beauty cost a co-worker of mine at the time about $450 to fix.....

uugh, just what i did not whant to hear, my mom hit my truck by accident and scraped of some paint, i touched it up but the whole bumper will have to be redone