How Would My Sss Respond To This Cam?

Well I have the complete left over valve train setup from my 5.3L when I sold it from my C10. I sold the 5.3 as stock and kept the Comp Cam, Valve Springs and Push rods. The Cam is a Comp LSR Part Number: 54-455-11 Grind Number: 265LR HR12 Specs: 215/223 duration .604/.610 lift on 112lsa.

What I'm wondering is how do you think my SS would respond to installing that cam? Comp says: "Very strong torque and excellent response. Works best in heavy vehicles, low rpm applications." So I'm guessing it would work pretty good with the stock converter as it did in my 5.3L in the 69' C10. I have basically everything to install it except, timing chain, maybe oil pump, and Marine 8.1L injectors. I'm also running the stock manifolds and exhaust system and don't plan on any changes there. Would there be a Gas mileage drop? My truck is a daily driver so does anyone have any concerns there? question.gif

id say go for it since you have most of the parts for the swap...i would however think about a slightly higher stall (not anything ridiculous, id say under 3000 for sure) and definitely a set of headers. other than that i dont see why if wouldnt work well

Looks like a good cam...pretty aggressive lift IMO. What springs do you have?

Springs, that might be an issue.... ughdance.gif There Comp 918's which are good to .600 lift I bought them new used them on the 5.3L along with the cam for 1,000 miles. I'm thinking I would probably have to sell them and buy some dual springs that would be more reliable with that lift.

• 2 weeks later...

Springs, that might be an issue.... ughdance.gif There Comp 918's which are good to .600 lift I bought them new used them on the 5.3L along with the cam for 1,000 miles. I'm thinking I would probably have to sell them and buy some dual springs that would be more reliable with that lift.

Ditch the springs. I mean they will work. I ran .628 lift on them for about 2 years until they broke. Unfortunately i still have the 918's in :banghead: . Are you running stock 1.6 rockers?