Tea Heads, Cam, Lifters, Push Rods, Fuel Rails

shadowsniper3006

Heads SOLD

The heads are TEA, total engine airflow, stage 2.5 317s. They have been decked to 69cc from the 71 cc, i think that is about .020 off the head. They have comp cams double springs, competition hand porting, 2.05 Ferrea intake valves, and 1.60 exhaust valves. They also have the Judson port design, which was the best flowing port design at that time. Heads are pretty much new at this point, i just had them gone through so i could sell them with confidence. New valve job, new seals, new guides, new chromemoly retainers and locks. Springs are used but they said are fine, set up at 140 on the seat and 400 open at .600. Springs are good for .6-.625 lift.

Flow numbers are:

I E

.1 68 51.7

.2 140.4 118

.3 208.7 170

.4 267.1 215.2

.5 302.6 260.6

.55 318.8 271.5

.6 328.7 279

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01302.jpg

DSC01301.jpg

DSC01300.jpg

DSC01299.jpg

TEA has them listed new at $1600 using your cores, How about $1000 shipped OBO

Cam

It is a 224 228 .610 .588 on a 113+4. It was ground by comp cams but was speced out by Fast Times Motor Works. The cam has no problems and was running great when pulled. About 20,000 miles on it. Copy of cam card will come with it, original box for specs as well.

covered in oil so the close up doesn't show much

DSC01298.jpg

DSC01297.jpg

$260 OBO shipped

Fuel rail 1

Brand new, never used/installed Aeromotive LS3 fuel rails

http://www.summitrac...arts/AEI-14115/

ls3rails1.jpg

ls3rails2.jpg

ls3railsbox.jpg

$190 shipped OBO

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

will these work on my 6.0? how much HP could i get out of these?

I'm assuming you mean the heads? Or the heads and cam?

At any rate, yes they will fit, they came off my 03 SSS. I was able to put down 465 to the wheels with the cam and heads, bare in mind that was with a lot of supporting mods as well. If you believe in the math, the trucks loss is like 22% with the front shaft pulled. 465 RWHP / .78%=596 HP at the crank....ish. That was through the truck intake and the tune was at 11.5:1 AFR so there was still a little more hp left on the table.

wow that is some HP!!! was that with a blower too?

ok so if i get the heads and the cam; what other mods do i need to get done? also by installing these; how bad is the gas mileage? i will still be my daily driver.

let me know

wow that is some HP!!! was that with a blower too?

ok so if i get the heads and the cam; what other mods do i need to get done? also by installing these; how bad is the gas mileage? i will still be my daily driver.

let me know

No, my truck has always been NA. My MPG with the stock tires wasn't to bad, in summer i got up to 18 on the highway for a long cruise, but it took a while to get that average up. However my combined driving was around 14-15 in summer. City was more like 12-13 with a normal converter and like 10 with my 4000 converter.

better then i'm doing now....now i get 8 in the city and maxed out.....once at 12 on the highway.

You don't NEED to get any more mods. Stuff that will realy help is a converter, and headers. You'll need a gasket kit and new gm head bolts for an install. If i recall right, i ran 13.3 with the heads, cam, 2700 converter, CAI and underdrive.

how about those push rods, lifter and fuels rails? do i need any of those and do i need bigger injectors?

what will you combo price will be?

The push rods should work with the stock gm gasket or the cometic gasket. The cometic gasket costs more, but i would use it for NA truck. The gm gasket is .051 and the cometic is .041 so your comression will be better. It cost double or a tad more, but IMO its worth it for the HP and the abilty to tame the cam a touch more. These push rods should also reduce your lifter preload to better setting. Some say it doesn't matter, some say its worth 5 hp, i'll take the 5 hp since i was going to buy hardend pushrods anyway.

The lifters a great upgrade. Not needed, but i would not reuse the stock lifters. I may be wrong, or overdoing things, but the stock lifters were not intended to put up with higher spring pressures and rpm. I wanted the most i could get no matter what so i wanted a racing testing lifter good for more rpm then i could turn on stock rod bolts. The ls7 lifters are also an option, and cheaper, but not rated for the rpm that these are. Granted you'll never see that rpm, but i wanted a better lifter.

Yes, bigger injectors are almost a must. You may be able to pull off stock ones but its not worth the risk. The marine 8.1 injectors are fine for this set up and bolt right in to your wiring and stock fuel rail.

These fuel rails are not for a truck intake.

I'd have to get back to you on a package price, i have to eat dinner and answer other members questions that have PM'd me

I've never dealt with fuel rails before. Wat do they do for the truck?

The fuel rails can be put on at any time but are more for a custom intallation. Such as if you change intakes to a ls3 but do not want to use the stock fuel rails for what ever reason. Like on my victor JR intake the stock rails would not fit so i needed to get a set of fuel rails and make my fuel line cross over and put a new fuel pressure regulator on it. It looks like this:

100_3395.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

they also flow much more fuel so can supply more to the injectors, but i'm not sure if a NA truck can use more then a stock rails can supply