Tea Heads, Cam, Lifters, Push Rods, Fuel Rails

shadowsniper3006

where did you get the 90* elbow at I cant find one anywhere. I have been looking for one for over a year now. got a vic jr intake but i need that 90* can you pm me the info pls

also with the cam will it work with a mostly stock set up and what other parts will i need to make it work. What supporting mods did you have to make that hp to the tires. I am going to do another t set up when I get back from Korea but I have plans for the LQ9 in another project truck so i would like to have it built before i leave or while I am gone so i can start on the LSX block I ordered :) SHHHHHHH!!!!!! its a secret lol thanks

Justin

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

where did you get the 90* elbow at I cant find one anywhere. I have been looking for one for over a year now. got a vic jr intake but i need that 90* can you pm me the info pls

also with the cam will it work with a mostly stock set up and what other parts will i need to make it work. What supporting mods did you have to make that hp to the tires. I am going to do another t set up when I get back from Korea but I have plans for the LQ9 in another project truck so i would like to have it built before i leave or while I am gone so i can start on the LSX block I ordered :) SHHHHHHH!!!!!! its a secret lol thanks

Justin

Justin,

I got the elbow from Chase, but pretty sure this is where he got it: http://intakeelbows.com/ click on the lsx on the left side of the screen and it should take you to a pic of that elbow. It also brings it out in stock location so your CAI will work. You know point of fact i need a new one to run a 102mm TB, if you need one for a 90mm TB let me know when your ready and maybe we can work something out.

I ran this cam from the start of my build and was able to test damn near every part on my truck with it. I had the heads done at the same time so i can't speak for what it would do with stock heads...but it can't be bad. One of the biggest parts it liked was the OBX headers, got 3 tenths off that. So with heads, cam, headers, a crap 2700 stall, CAI and i think i had a .041 head gasket and yella terra rockers at that point, i was able to hit real high 12.9s. Then i added the 4000 stall, short tire and i was able to put down my 12.82 pass. That set up was 425 to the rears with a slightly rich tune. The victor intake, 90mm tb and electric water pump put down 465 RWHP.

Cam doesn't need a 4000 stall at all, i just got sick of PI not hitting the stall i wanted so i overkilled it with a 4000. Cam really liked a 3400-3600, and pulls lik emade up top and on the freeway. I think i had 6500 shift points during this cam.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Great info thank you very much. I need to get a 90mm tb but I am trying to get everything together then do one big build on the LQ9. My dad just got me a FLT 80e for christmas so it will be sitting here waiting on me when I get back next year too. I am buying a new CTS-V for the wifes DD when I get back and the SSS is getting some major work done to her. I am wanting to build a pretty healthy N/A engine and run it for about a year or so just till I get the LSX built for the SSS. My dad has a old Xtreme S-10 like my old one and I would like to put the LQ9 in it after the LSX goes in. Just want a good strong big cammed purdy engine lol.

Let me know on the elbow I am in no rush just think about it and get back with me when ya got time.

Thank you :thumbs::pepsicheer:

sounds like a lot of fun. And the 80e should hold up real good, i never know when my 65 will let loose. If you ever need an opinion on the NA build let me know, i'll pass on the little info i have. I've been looking at larger cube motors right now as well, like the lsx block, ls7 block, c5r block, a 427 lq9 block and i just found this site as well....happy reading!

http://www.erlperformance.com/products-domestic/short-blocks-domestic