Kevinthegreat'S Build

kevinthegreat

ive done a lot of work to the truck recently. ive lowered it with a djm 3/4 kit and turned the torsion bars down for another inch and taller shackles in rear for another inch. bought new stockers instead of the black kmc rockstrars. i know brian is glad i did as long as i. i installed pacesetter lts and custom exhaust dumped, port and polished tb, msd 8.8 wires, wheatley tune, and a k&n cai. my biggest project so far has been my transmission. ive installed a shift kit (4l60e kit from superior), .490 pressure boost valve, new forward accumulator, updated transgo valvebody seperator plate, vette servo, and high performance overdrive billet servo(superior). I cant forget to mention the tcs 3400 tq converter also

pics of the the truck with its new 4/5 stance

post-18822-038865400 1295300759_thumb.jpg

post-18822-076914600 1295301121_thumb.jpg

transmission and transfercase before

post-18822-077717500 1295301313_thumb.jpg

transmission and transfecase after

post-18822-011705300 1295301666_thumb.jpg

post-18822-089278800 1295301607_thumb.jpg

tcs 3400 stall torque converter

post-18822-017087400 1295301914_thumb.jpg

post-18822-026184000 1295301929_thumb.jpg

ill be adding photos later on of the tranny build. this is just a preview.

did you notch your frame?? looks great i have been kickin around the idea of droppin mine another inch front and back now that i have decided to keep it. what shackles did you use??

i havent notched it yet. its on the list of things to do. i dont know what shackles they were. they were on the truck when i bought it. they were a inch taller than the ones in my djm kit i got from Tony (norcalss)

Looks tits. Did you use the a arms on the front? I'm working on getting parts together for brakes and a djm front drop. If so, how did that all go ?

yeah i did a arms. it went well. pretty simple and the djm is great quality. i was really happy with the kit

Do you know what the measurement from the ground to your fender lip is front and back??? As is right now i am at 33 and 1/4 I would like to go lower but i am worried about binding in the front end with the cv axle's

Do you know what the measurement from the ground to your fender lip is front and back??? As is right now i am at 33 and 1/4 I would like to go lower but i am worried about binding in the front end with the cv axle's

32" from ground to fenderlip. I haven't had any problems. I do need to c-notch the rear though

Looks awesome Kevin. Youv busted ur ass here lately and done your homework to make sure you do things right and its paying off. Also glad you tackled the transmission mods yourself to learn. Always told you its not that bad and to ask questions if you are unsure of something and you did. Definatly looking forward to seeing this come together! Two thumbs up

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)