Zl1 Camaro

read some reviews on the chicago auto show and it mentioned the ZL1 camaro. The key points were the blown 6.2 that they said would put up numbers gigger than 550hp but no secure numbers were revealed. just wondering if anyone else heard about it and whats your take on it?

http://autos.yahoo.com/auto-shows/autoshow_top_homepage/1717/the-2011-chicago-auto-show-brings-out-the-big-guns/2

read some reviews on the chicago auto show and it mentioned the ZL1 camaro. The key points were the blown 6.2 that they said would put up numbers gigger than 550hp but no secure numbers were revealed. just wondering if anyone else heard about it and whats your take on it?

http://autos.yahoo.c...-the-big-guns/2

My take is I know it will be awesome and that I'd want one....

However with the hefty performance will come an outrageous and unfathomable price tag for me.

I don't have the budget I used to....

The guys over in photo/video have a thread about this car - check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Camaro5.com has all the latest news and if you go to chevy.com website you can signup for email alerts. Keep your eyes open there is suppose to be a new camaro model reveal in April. Current rumors is a anniversary edition or z28 model???

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So far no news on covetable version of zl1. Latest news: posted on June 11th on camaro5.com

The Camaro ZL1 will receive an Automatic Transmission option, as well as the Performance Traction Management from the Corvette ZR1. Al Oppenheiser (Camaro chief engineer) told this to our members in attendance, at the Camaro Homecoming Event in Oshawa, Canada

In addition to announcing an automatic transmission option and performance traction management from the Corvette ZR1 for the 2012 Camaro ZL1, Al Oppenheiser (Camaro chief engineer) also made it clear at the Camaro homecoming at Oshawa that:

Camaro ZL1’s horsepower numbers will be higher than the 550hp of the CTS-V

ZL1’s start of production will be in the 1st quarter of 2012

I will be getting one!

Also for 2012 GM has slightly increased the price of the corvette, can only assume to get the zl1 in line under the corvette.

Also the 45th anniversary model was revealed back in April.

I was curious about the ZL1myself so I took a trip to my dealership yesterday, I was told that its like the 4th gem SS camaros were, you pick the SS of your choice and for another $40,000 they send the car to SLP to have the ZL1 package installed. So your pretty much paying for 2 SS camaros. Depending on what trim SS you purchase your ZL1 will cost anywhere from $70,000 to $80,000. To verify the truth to this I asked 2 other Chevy dealerships and they gave me the same answer.

I was curious about the ZL1myself so I took a trip to my dealership yesterday, I was told that its like the 4th gem SS camaros were, you pick the SS of your choice and for another $40,000 they send the car to SLP to have the ZL1 package installed. So your pretty much paying for 2 SS camaros. Depending on what trim SS you purchase your ZL1 will cost anywhere from $70,000 to $80,000. To verify the truth to this I asked 2 other Chevy dealerships and they gave me the same answer.

Most dealership's don't have a clue.

The Chevy ZL1 is not the same as the SLP version of the ZL1. Check Camaro5.com website. Or even Chevy.com website.

Even my local dealership has no clue!

Most dealership's don't have a clue.

The Chevy ZL1 is not the same as the SLP version of the ZL1. Check Camaro5.com website. Or even Chevy.com website.

Even my local dealership has no clue!

I figured that much, I'm on at Camaro5 just about as much as I am here, I knew SLP was working there own version of the ZL1 but the new car sales manager over at my dealership was adamant that the ZL1 was just a package thru SLP. When I asked him why the placard at the autoshow didn't clarify that he was stumped. I was just passing along info that was fed to me. Not trying to misinfom anyone.

I figured that much, I'm on at Camaro5 just about as much as I am here, I knew SLP was working there own version of the ZL1 but the new car sales manager over at my dealership was adamant that the ZL1 was just a package thru SLP. When I asked him why the placard at the autoshow didn't clarify that he was stumped. I was just passing along info that was fed to me. Not trying to misinfom anyone.

I hear ya.

Must have been funny when the sales mgr was stumped, the expression on their face must have been priceless. LOL.

• 6 months later...