New Hp!

Well I ordered a set uf ceramic pacesetters yesterday and they should be on my doorstep by Wednesday. WOOHOO. I was also going to go ahead and order the TSP228r while I was on the phone but now having second thoughts. When talking with one of the techs he informed me that he did not recommend that cam and I should go with the 224r as it would probably only produce about 5-10 more hp and drivability wouldnt be that good. This thing is my DD and I hardly do any towing. If any its just a 21' skeeter bass boat about 4 miles round trip to the lake and back. Could I possibly get some feedback and yalls thoughts between the two cams. I would like to have all this completed and ready to go before the Tbss/SSS Nationals. It would be much appreciated. thanx

Well I ordered a set uf ceramic pacesetters yesterday and they should be on my doorstep by Wednesday. WOOHOO. I was also going to go ahead and order the TSP228r while I was on the phone but now having second thoughts. When talking with one of the techs he informed me that he did not recommend that cam and I should go with the 224r as it would probably only produce about 5-10 more hp and drivability wouldnt be that good. This thing is my DD and I hardly do any towing. If any its just a 21' skeeter bass boat about 4 miles round trip to the lake and back. Could I possibly get some feedback and yalls thoughts between the two cams. I would like to have all this completed and ready to go before the Tbss/SSS Nationals. It would be much appreciated. thanx

Thats bullshit! I have the 228R cam on a 112 LSA for a a few years now without any drivability issues. I can blip the throttle or do whatever with it and it will not surge at all. I used to daily drive my truck too. Even with a 4000 stall torque converter it drove nice. It is all in the TUNE!

My cam is pretty strong, with almost no drivability issues, maybe reversing and blipping the gas itll bog down a little but its only died once and that was partly me being curious

ok cool. hey did you do your install urself or did u let a shop around houston do it. thats another thing ive been looking for when i do get the cam. i just dont know who to go with in this area.

oh really. ok well i didnt think it would be an issue since i saw a couple people on here running it and havent heard anything bad about it. ive got a circle d 3200 and gonna have wheatly retune the truck so im positive i wont have an issue with the tune lol. thanks wicked

you want matt(tootall) to install it, great guy, good prices, hes done a ton of cam swaps, and mine recently.

ill pm u his number, call, or text, tell him nick with the blue ss sent u, not sure itll do u any good but who knows

Thats bullsh@t! I have the 228R cam on a 112 LSA for a a few years now without any drivability issues. I can blip the throttle or do whatever with it and it will not surge at all. I used to daily drive my truck too. Even with a 4000 stall torque converter it drove nice. It is all in the TUNE!

Agree. I can do the same with a 248/254 and have no surging or stalling. The 228R cam will be a nice addition although I would also suggest a 3000 stall converter to maximize the effort.