R.I.P Dale Earnhardt, Sr. "The Intimidator"

houston05tx

3-goodwrench.jpg

Saw him race 20+ times going back to 1984 Daytona 500 (my first big race)

Went to Bristol and Pocono races that year he died.

The stands were emotional on lap 3 when all season long people would stand up for lap 3 and hold up 3 fingers. It was cool....

Dale was THE MAN eud0041_125.gif

Edited by GUMBO (see edit history)

I had recieved my drivers license around that time and I remember filling my vehicle in my hometown. Walked into pay the gas and the 2 employees were glued to the tv, its something I will never forget. Never would have guessed I would be interested in a truck associated with a legend.

:angel:

Ya that was a sad day. I know first hand how Nascar accidents can tear a family apart. From the death itself to the drama with the will afterward. Shitty situation. It never effects you as much until you personally know someone killed in a Nascar accident.

RIP DALE SR and Donald Wayne Goodman

RIP #3 I remember his last talledega race when he came from like 17th and won the race with 4 laps left, It also was my hooneymoon with the wife, also we were at the daytona 500 when he won, racing isn't the same without him.

Edited by ccgoodwrench (see edit history)

:angel: RIP I remember unfortunately watching that race that day and watching it happen :sigh:

5-star thread for sure.

I remember watching too. I remember thinking the hit looked so minor. Dale's just knocked out, I kept telling myself. :cry2:

I actually don't even watch the races that much anymore, it just dosen't feel the same. I tried watching Jr....

Very sad day in history indeed..... :shakehead:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)