Should I Install A Roll Pan, Or Keep Factory Bumper

Hello all.

I have a Steel Roll Pan sitting in my garage that I have been thinking of putting on the truck. I have to get some body work done in the near future and I am thinking of getting the roll pan painted and put on at the same time. What do you guys think? Should I keep my factory bumper, or go with the roll pan? Here is a picture of my truck to help decide. Thanks in advance!

-Evan

post-14977-036982100 1298217225_thumb.jpg

i like the factory painted bumper . to me it would come down to use . do you often use it to step in yout bed or throw stuff in the bed ? or do you not use it often , like looks over function or race to loose some weight. if anything paint some more parts on it to blend it your truck .

i like the factory painted bumper . to me it would come down to use . do you often use it to step in yout bed or throw stuff in the bed ? or do you not use it often , like looks over function or race to loose some weight. if anything paint some more parts on it to blend it your truck .

iamwithstupid.gif

I rarely ever use my bumper as a step, and I hardly use my bed either. the only time I use it is for putting surfboards or other gear/equipment in the bed. I'm also not sure of any good body shops here in the Charleston area, and don't really want the dealership to do the roll pan. I may end up holding off for a while.

Thanks for all the inputs. I am going to go ahead and have the roll pan installed and welded into the bed. I went to a couple different body shops and all to get quotes on my getting my truck repaired (large dents in the side from a wood post)..and they are going to do my roll pan as well for $1300. I learned my lesson about hitting wooden posts.

Thanks for all the inputs. I am going to go ahead and have the roll pan installed and welded into the bed. I went to a couple different body shops and all to get quotes on my getting my truck repaired (large dents in the side from a wood post)..and they are going to do my roll pan as well for $1300. I learned my lesson about hitting wooden posts.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the one your dog is chewing on is it? lol

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the one your dog is chewing on is it? lol

No, however my dog has come close to taking out the truck as well as a 57 bel air and a few other cars when she chews on sticks and runs around in circles..

rollpan for sure but only if you're going to do it right and blend it in.

love that look

Yes, The roll pan will be blended into the bed sides. I am worried though, about having the tailgate handle still on the tailgate. Eventually, I would like to have it shaved as well. Will it look dumb with a shaved roll pan but still keeping the tailgate handle??

I know exactly what you mean and while it may not look weird like that I would still be all about shaving that handle at the same time they're doing bodywork on the pan..... just seems a logical combination. Although I suppose you can always leave off the tailgate ahead of time to have them jump on that first then have it sprayed when you leave the truck for the pan job.