Emblem

its alot cheaper to do it yourself

1st:

you need masking tape,sand paper,primer, paint, and clear.

2nd:

well i masked the area around the emblem down, and then whent over the emblem with the sand paper(medioum grit) cleaned it really, REALLY good, then added the primer, after it had dryed i hit it with the spray paint a couple of times, and then added the clear.

its been a couple of years since i did it and its holding up great, no problems at all.

but SHOPMAN does make some pretty nice emblems, i think he offers different color options too.

good luck

its alot cheaper to do it yourself

1st:

you need masking tape,sand paper,primer, paint, and clear.

2nd:

well i masked the area around the emblem down, and then whent over the emblem with the sand paper(medioum grit) cleaned it really, REALLY good, then added the primer, after it had dryed i hit it with the spray paint a couple of times, and then added the clear.

its been a couple of years since i did it and its holding up great, no problems at all.

but SHOPMAN does make some pretty nice emblems, i think he offers different color options too.

good luck

[/quote)

Whats the best kind of paint and stuff to use?

Edited by H-TOWN SS (see edit history)

If you are using a clear in a can, try this clear. http://www.repaintsupply.com/pd_2_part_2k_aerosol.cfm

I love this stuff. Want yellow over time. It's high but worth it if your not using a spray gun. This is a 2 part clear, so when the 2 parts get mixed you have 24hrs before you have to throw it away.

[/quote)

Whats the best kind of paint and stuff to use?

nothing special, i just whent to pep boys and got some duplicolor, like i said its been like two years since i did it and i havent had a problem. i also did the same with my gas door cover witch used to be crhome

Edited by Vidalss (see edit history)

before removal of old emblems mask around it so you can re-place in the exact same place.

get new emblem , lightly scuff with scotchbrite

bulldog adheison promoter works great on plastic , clean it very well after scuffing with something that wont eat plastic

apply promotor , a few coats.

then pick up some nice quality paint at the store for plastic , krylon makes some decent stuff at pepboys specific to plastic .

i prefer using brand new emblems so you can work with them on the paper they come with so you keep the pattern exact when mounting

then when they are done get some blue masking (non paint stick masking tape ) not the tan shit it will remove paint .

stick it over the emblem to keep all the pieces in place and remove the backing and apply .

here is my nnbs hd i did them on

DSC03018.jpg

If you're painting the stock plastic one you'll need to sand finely and clean well. Let completely dry, 2-3 coats of adhesion promoter and a plastic specific paint, Krylon works good. I always just remove the bowtie and paint it separately in an enclosed area where it'll stay free from debris while drying. Remove your radiator shroud and go behind the grille and loosen nuts, it's easy.

just get ahold of Jon idahoblkss and have him send you some black over lays thats what I did

sorry I dont have pics right up on them but you get the idea

ignore the ugly chrome bezel the p/o put that crap on and havent got a color matched one yet :)

SDC10079-1.jpg

SDC10477.jpg

SDC10329.jpg

SDC10503.jpg

Edited by McMahan (see edit history)

just get ahold of Jon idahoblkss and have him send you some black over lays thats what I did

sorry I dont have pics right up on them but you get the idea

ignore the ugly chrome bezel the p/o put that crap on and havent got a color matched one yet :)

SDC10079-1.jpg

SDC10477.jpg

SDC10329.jpg

SDC10503.jpg

is he here in houston somewhere??

i like the drop on your truck. What kind of drop did you do?