Best Exhaust for the low rumble

Freemans30th

When I went to my buddies shop to get my exhaust done, before speaking to him the salesman tried to push the Flowmaster that is specificly built for the 6.0 GM motor. He had mentioned that it has a good sound, For around 375 just for the muffler. :crazy: When I finally did get to talk to my buddy, He sold me on a company called IMCO. I asked him about dual flowmaster which would have cost about the same as the IMCO, But he suggested for my applications the IMCO has plenty of flow, and the sound is awesome. As far as the install simple, He cut out my factory muffler, And basically installed the IMCO, I am using all of the stock pipe just a new muffler. My friends that have Flowmaster think my truck is deeper, very low tone. I was concerned about going with a company I had never heard of. However My friend Chris that works there said " IMCO is just as good of a quality as flowmaster", "If you want I will sell you a 375 dollar flowmaster, but for what?" "This is better" He held them up side to side (IMCO Flowmaster) And belive it or not the IMCO had better-thicker welds, And also felt as if the IMCO was thicker steel. Anyway I am happy with the deep throaty roar of the IMCO. :flag::flag::flag::thumbs:

I've got the Flowmaster made for the 6.0 and the whole cat-back system ran me $450. I've got 3" pipe all the way from the cat to the muffler to the tips and the tips are 16" long, 4" diameter chrome plated stainless steel. The sound is awesome. Low rumble at idle, just a little louder than stock. Real deep throaty sound at 1500 to 1800 rpms. Awesome sound at 2200. In-cab resonance isn't too bad. It is louder than stock though. Hope this helps.

I am still happy with my 2 1/2" Magnaflow X-pipe and 3 chamber Flowmaster Delta Flows that are dumped off the mufflers, it isnt to loud, I actually think the Super 40's will be the next mufflers I put on when these fall off down the road.

Ohh, that and I think that having no exhaust pipes hanging out the back looks clean as hell and once I get my BSER roll pan installed and the tow package unistalled it will look awsome. The only thing you will see is the rear end.

I am not sure, but I can find out when I get home. It sounds awesome. My buddy that installed it said " The way it is built it kinda has a built in X-pipe." Now I cannot conferm that, but he is a straight forward guy so whatever it is. But the sound is farking great. :thumbs::thumbs::cheers:

I've got the Flowmaster made for the 6.0 and the whole cat-back system ran me $450. I've got 3" pipe all the way from the cat to the muffler to the tips and the tips are 16" long, 4" diameter chrome plated stainless steel. The sound is awesome. Low rumble at idle, just a little louder than stock. Real deep throaty sound at 1500 to 1800 rpms. Awesome sound at 2200. In-cab resonance isn't too bad. It is louder than stock though. Hope this helps.

were did you get the complete 3" system(from cat to tail pipe correct). I've been looking for a while. :uhoh:

I am not sure, but I can find out when I get home. It sounds awesome. My buddy that installed it said " The way it is built it kinda has a built in X-pipe." Now I cannot conferm that, but he is a straight forward guy so whatever it is. But the sound is farking great. :thumbs::thumbs::cheers:

I would appreciate it. Thanks

If you want a low rumble corsa,gibson or borla.

Don't get Borla if you don't like in cabin resonance. I had a set on my '99 Silverado and ended up taking them off after the first 6 months. WAY too much resonance.

Archived