Best Exhaust for the low rumble

Freemans30th

I am not sure, but I can find out when I get home. It sounds awesome. My buddy that installed it said " The way it is built it kinda has a built in X-pipe." Now I cannot conferm that, but he is a straight forward guy so whatever it is. But the sound is farking great. :thumbs::thumbs::cheers:

Just curious if you have had a chance to get the part number yet so i can get one ordered up. Thanks

I've got the Flowmaster made for the 6.0 and the whole cat-back system ran me $450.  I've got 3" pipe all the way from the cat to the muffler to the tips and the tips are 16" long, 4" diameter chrome plated stainless steel.  The sound is awesome.  Low rumble at idle, just a little louder than stock.  Real deep throaty sound at 1500 to 1800 rpms.  Awesome sound at 2200.  In-cab resonance isn't too bad.  It is louder than stock though.  Hope this helps.

were did you get the complete 3" system(from cat to tail pipe correct). I've been looking for a while. :uhoh:

It's not an out-of-the-box system. I got it done at a local muffler shop. I went in and asked about Flows and he said they had a muffler made just for the 6.0 & 8.1 motors. I listened to his 6.0 Avalanche with the same system (except he had dual rear exiting pipes) and liked it.

He made the system with 3" pipes from the cat to the new Flow, to the dual stainless tips that exit out the side.

Archived