Ss + Snow = Unstoppable

tayldss

Well my neighbor drives a Ford :idiot:

...has balled tires all the way around :idiot:

and nearly smoked the stop sign and ended in the ditch.:nonod:

SS to the rescue :angel::chevy:

post-18170-005396700 1299217708_thumb.jpg

There's a shot of my truck on a 2-lane highway after the last blizzard that hit the midwest last month - don't mind the missing ducts and lower grill... they were taken off :thumbs:

The path you see off to the passenger side was all SS trying to widen the one-lane-plowed road. I had to get out to clear off the snow because it was so deep it'd blacked out the windsheild clogging the wipers! Snapped a quick shot, heard a plow coming and had to run :peelout:

post-18170-032674700 1299217794_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

yeah these trucks are amazing in the snow,

i drove around in the "blizzard of 2011" in the southern wisconsin area when even the plowtrucks were stuck, hell i even saw a humvee from the national guard stuck in the middle of the road,

(they were clearing people from the roads and taking them to walworth county courthouse overnight, there was 400 people there)

but i was not as smart, i didnt remove the lower bumper or the ducts, eh thats what jb weld is for hahahahaha

These trucks are unstoppable if you have the right tires. I easily blew threw an 7ish foot snow bank on different occasions (fresh powder). Did this while my neighbors were snowblowing :peelout: , they were horrified to say the least. Living on a cul de sac you get all the snow piled in front of the driveway, a Ford F350 could not push the snow away, or back drag plow it. Only choice, show that snow who is boSS.

Also driving into Boston during a blizzard at 3am to a surgical procedure I saw at least 8 town and state plows off the sides of the road, both highway and back roads. These are the 10 wheeler big plow/sanding trucks. I was going the speed limit.

I also tried pulling someone out, but it was complete black ice. The officer that showed up owns a 454ss and he was all about seeing the newer SS pulling the civic out, but I just spun em due to the black ice.

This was back in 2005-06, truck no longer sees any elements.

edit - what dedicated snow tires do you use? Brigdestone Blizzaks over here.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

These trucks are unstoppable if you have the right tires. I easily blew threw an 7ish foot snow bank on different occasions (fresh powder). Did this while my neighbors were snowblowing :peelout: , they were horrified to say the least. Living on a cul de sac you get all the snow piled in front of the driveway, a Ford F350 could not push the snow away, or back drag plow it. Only choice, show that snow who is boSS.

Also driving into Boston during a blizzard at 3am to a surgical procedure I saw at least 8 town and state plows off the sides of the road, both highway and back roads. These are the 10 wheeler big plow/sanding trucks. I was going the speed limit.

I also tried pulling someone out, but it was complete black ice. The officer that showed up owns a 454ss and he was all about seeing the newer SS pulling the civic out, but I just spun em due to the black ice.

This was back in 2005-06, truck no longer sees any elements.

edit - what dedicated snow tires do you use? Brigdestone Blizzaks over here.

uh i havent gotten around to getting dedicated snow tires, the tires that are on it are perelli scorpions, when i do get around to it ill probably get the bf goodrich all terrain t/a's. yes i know theyll look stupid but its only for winter and i had them on my old truck and they lasted over 100k miles, couldnt get the damn thing stuck either (and you can find them in our size if your crafty lol)