6.0L Cam

I'm really struggling with this CAM thing so pardon the litany of & repetitive questions.

I got an e-mail from LPE a few days ago and they recommend a GT7 208/230 .560 .555 CL 121 CAM for radix applications.

I see that most guys are running 212/218 .558/.563 cams with smaller pulleys on the Radix unit.

1. Is the 208/230 better for stock pulley radix applications?

2. I also see guys running the 212/218 w/o forced induction. Would that be a better selection if I were to perform a head and cam swap as say a stage one with the Radix being the stage two.

3. Which CAM would benefit most from Head work?

4. Which is more streetable w/ and w/o a radix.

Thanks in Advance.

1. Is the 208/230 better for stock pulley radix applications?

since i've seen nobody run that cam yet, it's a tough call, but if LPE recomends it i'd say it should be fine. judging by those spec's it should work well with stock heads even under higher boost applications.

2. I also see guys running the 212/218 w/o forced induction. Would that be a better selection if I were to perform a head and cam swap as say a stage one with the Radix being the stage two.

i don't think it'd be much of an advantage over the LPE cam although it may gain some.

the 212/218 is more of a N/A cam.

3. Which CAM would benefit most from Head work?

the 212/218, but bigger would benefit more from head work.

4. Which is more streetable w/ and w/o a radix

both would be very streetable with and without the radix.

i am impressed though, not many question a recomendation from LPE....

zippy, would you happen to know the stock specs of the cams in the SS?

thanks!

i have that info at home, but i'm still at work. i believe big tex know's that off the top of his head though.

Archived