Long Trip Home...Truck Performed Great!

smoothdime

Got home late Sunday night from my two day trip home from Brunswick, GA. SInce late October I've been at school in Brunswick at the Federal Law Enforcement Traning Center. The wife flew down Thursday night and graduation was Friday afternoon. So after almost 5 months of school finally get to say im a FEDERAL AGENT!!! :jester::dbanana: :dbanana: :dbanana: I had my truck with me while i was down there and she didnt give me a lick of trouble. The only thing i had to do was an oil change. We loaded up and left Saturday morning around 8 and headed to St. Louis to stay with my wifes aunt and uncle. A little over 13 hours of straight driving. Went out with the wifes cousin that night scence we got there about 8:30. The next day we had a shorter hall to Topeka, KS to pick our daughter and the wifes tahoe. We get to Topeka have dinner with my parents and load up for the last stretch to Wichita. We get on the road about 8:30 Sunday night. The entire time I was in the the south I said that I missed the snow. Who would have thought my wish would come true in the form of me and the wife driving home in a freak blizzard!! Lucky for us it wasn't sticking to the ground, maybe an inch of so of slush. Thanks to the AWD I made it back with very little effort, while the wife followed in her 4wd tahoe with A/T tires like it was nothing! The snow flakes were so big with my HID's it was a B*@%H to see the road. After 5 months of school, about 1400 miles there and1400 miles back, the truck performed great!! She's got almost 97K on the clock now and I cant wait to add a few more goodies in the future. With many spirited bursts on the trip and some bumper to bumper traffic in Atlanta and KC, she averaged almost 15mpg. Can't complain about that. Well just wanted to tell you guys another great story about our awesome trucks.:thumbs: Later, Gary.

Congrats Gary !! Glad all is well :cheers:

thanks mike. so we need to get together before i move. i need to check with alycia to see what im on the hook for already. we are heading out the last week of april.

Be carefull with HID's in the snow, they can burn holes in your retinas is what I was told by my bmw mechanic when we use to race in the snow. Congrats on graduation and the safe trip home!

Be carefull with HID's in the snow, they can burn holes in your retinas is what I was told by my bmw mechanic when we use to race in the snow. Congrats on graduation and the safe trip home!

well lets hope i didnt do any damage to the ol eyes! if HID's are capable of this what s the solution for driving in snow? anyone else have trouble with HID's driving in the snow?

Basically the snow reflects the light back onto your eye. Maybe try some shades/sunglasses, wish I had more information. We just threw on yellow halogens specifically for the snow.